Chapter 51

Turn around..

A voice echoed in your head, causing you to quickly look behind you but no one was there.

"Are you alright?" Bakugou questioned as you nodded at him, taking a deep breath before continuing to walk down the street.

It might've just been the wind, no... it couldn't have been I swear it was a voice. It wasn't Bakugou so I wonder who it was.. It couldn't have been any Pros because it's only us out here... We've only been out here for a few hours so far but who was that..

You thought before hearing another sound in your head, making you look immediately at the ground, trying to focus on the current situation.

It wasn't long until everything felt normal again, you thought it was all your imagination but something didn't sit right with you.

That bad feeling has still been eating at me, ever since I got it but now it has only gotten worse..

You thought while walking with Bakugou, looking around before grabbing his hand and turning around.

"What are you doing?!" Bakugou exclaimed as you stopped in front of the same building that Nejire encountered him at.

"I want to investigate more, I feel like we are missing something." You said while letting go of his hand, walking over to one of the shattered windows.

"You're just wasting your time now, we already looked and there was nothing!" Bakugou said, starting to get pissed off but you didn't care.

After taking a closer look you saw tiny shards of glass, scattered across the pavement. Out of instinct you went to pick one up but your arm suddenly stopped.

"Are you crazy, don't touch it!" Bakugou exclaimed while holding a firm grip on your arm.

"I wanted to see if there were any visible fingerprints, this might help out with the case." You said while Bakugou pulled you to your feet.

"It's just broken glass, we are here to kill this man, not inspect every little thing around the whole damn area." Bakugou said, still annoyed by it.

"First of all, we are here to capture him and not kill him. Second, if we need evidence we have to look around." You said while ripping your arm away from him, crossing them while continuing to walk.

Why is he acting like this, he's being ignorant about the whole situation. He agreed to helping me.. he agreed with the idea so why, why is this happening..

You thought while looking over at him, something did not match up. His body language was different than it normally was, his arms remained by his side while yours remained crossed.

Before you went to talk your body suddenly froze as the ground started shaking. Your eyes started darting around the area, trying to find a place to hide but there was nothing.

"There is nowhere to hide-! What do we-.. Bakugou..?" You questioned while looking around, whenever you looked back over to him, he was gone.

The ground continued to shake violently as you struggled to keep your balance.

A low laugh was faintly heard, whenever you looked up you saw a cloud of black smoke with piercing purple eyes in front of you. You wanted to scream for help but nothing came out..

Is this the end for me.. I can't move..

You thought as the laughter got louder, you decided to brace yourself for the worse until you saw a bright light.

"There you are, you bastard!" A voice yelled, you soon noticed it to be Bakugou's as he blasted an explosion at the black smoke.

You smiled but the explosion went right through the smoke, hitting you instead which caused you to fly backwards into a building.

At that moment the ground stopped shaking as the smoke disappeared while Bakugou ran right over to you.

"I didn't mean to hit you, I swear!" Bakugou exclaimed as he kneeled next to you, making sure you were alright.

"You let him get away.." You whispered as you sat up, Bakugou tilted his head in confusion.

"I let him get away because you got hurt, what else did you expect me to do?!" Bakugou said as he stood up.

"That could've been our only chance to get him! Now he is gone.." You said while looking up, staring at the dark sky.

"Even if we wanted to catch him how would we? As we just saw the explosion went right through him, meaning he doesn't have a body source. It could just be a puppet distracting us from the real thing." Bakugou said as you took a second to think about what he said.

He isn't wrong, there wasn't a body within the smoke so it has to be a puppeteer.. but it could be controlled from everywhere unless he has to stay close..

You thought while getting up, looking at the rooftops for anything suspicious but there wasn't anything that caught your eye.

"Do you see anything?" You questioned while turning around but Bakugou was pointing up at the building you crashed into.

You were confused and looked where he was pointing but you didn't see anything yourself.

"There is a point marker on this building." Bakugou said before he walked inside of the building, you followed behind him but it didn't look sturdy.

"Let's try and make this quick.. the building looks like it's going to collapse soon.." You said as Bakugou started making little explosions in his hand for light.

You didn't see what he was following until he shined the light, there was a red dotted line on the floor that led to a door.

Before you were able to open it the building began to shake some more, causing pieces of the ceiling to start slowly falling down.

Bakugou quickly looked up at the falling ceiling before grabbing your hand and sprinting out with you. It seemed like you made it out just on time as the whole building started to collapse but that wasn't the case.

A long slab of concrete was falling directly over you, everything seeming to start moving in slow motion as you looked up at the concrete but your body was suddenly shoved forward as you heard the slab fall on the ground.

You widened your eyes while turning back around, seeing not you but Bakugou crushed underneath the concrete.

Before you could scream and run over to him your body froze as a sudden voice appeared behind you.

"Look who we have here.."