Chapter 46

A few weeks past and you're heading back from the doctor's office. They mentioned how your vision is healed and it is fine to use your quirk now, but if you did feel any unknown pain then to come visit them again. You didn't really understand what they meant by 'unknown pain' but you decided to ignore it. Now you were heading to meet up with Midoriya to try your new move again.

You walked up to the park and smiled as you headed over to him.

"The doctor said I'm all healed now! Can we practice it please, you said we could whenever I got better!" You exclaimed while being excited to try it out again.

Midoriya stood there, laughing a bit as he held down your shoulders to stop you from jumping.

"Alright alright, just calm down, we can practice it now." Midoriya said as a smile formed on your face.

Ever since the first day you tried out the move, you couldn't get the feeling out of your head. The sensation of the energy stuck with you, you needed to experience it again.

Midoriya let go of your shoulders, signaling for you to test it out.

You took a deep breath while trying to calm your nerves, as you went to open your eyes you heard a familiar voice.

"What are you two doing here?" The voice said which made you look towards the sound, soon to see it was Bakugou.

"Midoriya is helping me test something out!" You said with excitement as Bakugou crossed his arms.

"What do you mean by that?" Bakugou said as he raised an eyebrow.

"Here I'll show you!" You said with excitement, wanting him to see your new move.

You got in the stance you were in before, taking a deep breathe before opening your eyes and staring at an object.

Nothing was happening, which started making Bakugou more confused. You tried to get it to work, thinking about the fire coming out of your eyes but it didn't work.

"I don't understand, it worked last time!" You said, a bit confused about how it's not working. You started to hear Midoriya talk to him but you zoned out.

What's going on, it worked last time.. was it really only just meant to be used one time? I can still feel the energy but it's like something is missing..

You thought as you looked back up, feeling disappointed for not being able to show Bakugou.

"I saw it happen last time so I know it's real.." Midoriya said as he showed Bakugou his notebook. Bakugou didn't have much of a reaction to it but instead looked over at you.

"Maybe you're thinking about it too hard." Bakugou bluntly said as you widened your eyes.

"What do you mean I'm thinking about it too hard?" You said while you crossed your arms, watching him walk towards you.

"I mean exactly what I said, you're thinking too hard about it. Try relaxing your mind and letting it slowly come out." Bakugou said while standing in front of you now.

You got a bit confused from how he was acting, normally he isn't this relaxed around Midoriya or able to give you advice right away.

"Are you ok?" You mentioned, taking your mind off practicing.

"What do you mean by that?" Bakugou questioned while crossing his arms again.

"You're never this nice to anyone-" You said as Bakugou rolled his eyes and moved away from you.

"Just do your stupid move so we can head back!" Bakugou said, being a bit annoyed now as you nodded while laughing.

You took a deep breath and relaxed, feeling the energy flow throughout your body. After a few seconds you opened your eyes and focused on an object but nothing happened again.

"This is bullshit." You said as you rubbed your eyes, feeling them tingle a bit.

"Let's try again tomorrow, maybe you just need to rest." Midoriya said as you nodded, heading back to the dorms with Bakugou and Midoriya.

Why, why won't it work. I swear I'm doing it right, am I though..? What if there is more to it..

You thought as you walked up to your room, splitting paths with the others.

You opened your door and shut it, laying down afterwards while staring at the ceiling.

This all must be a mistake, was I just dreaming whenever that happened?

You thought while questioning yourself, looking over at the window as you saw the sun setting.

Once I wake up I can try again, it was probably all just a dream.

You thought as you pulled the covers over yourself, trying to sleep but not being able to.

Out of nowhere you felt your body starting to get hot, like the energy was coming back.

This has to be fake, there's no way this is real. Stop it body!

You thought while internally yelling at yourself but no matter what you did, it didn't stop. You didn't want to believe the feeling, didn't want to believe anything about it.

You sat up and turned your head, staring at your door while trying to get your head straight but it was too late.

You saw a line of fire come directly from your eyes, watching it hit the door like it was all in slow motion. It didn't take long until the door bursted into flames, lighting up the whole room.

Glass started to shatter because of the heat including your window, leaving you trapped as the ball of fire grew more.

How much energy was contained?! I knew this wasn't fake-!

You thought as you put your arms around your head to protect you from the fire, but noises were still heard in the background.

"Y/N'S ROOM IS ON FIRE-!" You heard a voice shout from the hallway as a herd of footsteps followed.

You didn't want to risk moving, because what if you stepped on glass. Your body was able to handle a certain amount of heat but how much longer can you last like this.

"DON'T WORRY Y/N WE WILL GET YOU OUT OF THERE!"