Chapter 53

The others.. I sent out the signal 15 minutes ago.. where are they..

You thought while connecting eye contact with the figure, Bakugou was too busy looking around. Right now you just have to distract the decoy while he finds the real person.

Don't waste your energy, preserve it..

You thought as you moved forward, exploding items behind the figure to distract it. It seems as if it can only focus on one thing at a time.. this could be used as an advantage.

You started to slowly run in circles around it, noticing it starting to lose concentration or even connection with the original man behind it all.

"Y/N, I found something!" Bakugou shouted as you looked over at him, noticing footprints throughout the dirt. While the decoy was busy you walked over to take a closer look, starting to follow the tracks.

"We don't have much time until the decoy figures this out; how badly are you hurt?" You questioned while looking over at Bakugou, still following the footprints.

Bakugos's hand was grasped around the side of his stomach as a faint red circle trailed beyond. You reached over and removed his hand slightly to see part of his costume was shredded off as a pool of blood was in the palm of his hand. You stopped moving and ripped a piece of your costume off near your knee, wrapping it around his wound to help comply with pressure.

Afterwards you leaned over and hugged onto him, wrapping your arms around his neck as you felt his hands wrap around your waist.

"What if we don't make it back home.." You said as your voice started to tremble, making your eyes start to water up at the thought of everything.

Maybe it wasn't right to agree to this, we thought we could do it but we are better off dead right now. There is no escape, help won't come..

You thought as Bakugou lifted your chin up with his finger, kissing your forehead before locking eyes with you.

"We will make it back, don't think that way. I'll be here to protect you even if everything goes wrong.." Bakugou said while wiping the tears that started to fall down your cheek.

You nodded at him with a faint smile as rain started to fall from the sky. You let go of him and gestured for him to follow you. The rain grew stronger as you followed the footsteps to a wall, but it stopped there as the rain started to wash away the tracks.

Carefully you walked up to the wall, placing your hand against it while looking around. The wall felt normal, how could the tracks stop here.. was there someone you were missing? You needed to see inside.. was this where you were supposed to be after all?

You backed up with Bakugou, concentrating on the wall before exploding it but there was nothing inside. You felt like you were going to lose your mind, there was no trace of the man behind all of this.. was there even a man?

"He might be out of reach, somewhere we can't see from here." Bakugou mentioned as you leaned against the wall, thinking again.

Out of reach, he is possibly right with that but we both can't get to him if it is that way. Other than the new power I learned but it probably won't even work, plus he would get hurt.

You thought while looking at Bakugou, you couldn't risk him getting hurt even more and it being your fault. Maybe you did just have to wait for backup, if they will even come but if they did how would they be able to help.

Slumping to the floor you looked over your shoulder, peering at your ankle to see it turning a greenish color, this must've been from his quirk but you couldn't feel any effect taking place from it, only pain at moments.

Thunder started to echo throughout the sky as you were drenched from the rain, you watched a puddle slowly form beside you. The rain dripped into it as the water reacted in a ripple effect then faded back into a reflection of the night sky. You started to concentrate into the reflection before seeing a fading image from above. You looked towards the edge of the building but you saw nothing, all that was above you was a rooftop but that's it.

"I think something is up there-" You started to say but got cut off as loud footsteps quickly ran to your direction, making your eyes dart near the sound. Luckily it wasn't what you expected, it was Midoriya but he looked panicked.

"Are you guys alright? I got the alert you sent out and I tried to come as fast as I could." Midoriya explained while catching his breath; you stood up and smiled in relieve at him.

"I'm fine, on the other hand Bakugou isn't.. he needs medical help." You mentioned as you looked over to see Bakugou hunched over. Afterwards you looked back over to meet Midoriya's eyes again but all he did was slightly nod.

"More help is on the way, for now it is just me but I will alert an ambulance to come. Have you guys found anything out about this person?" Midoriya questioned while pressing a few buttons on his watch.

"We have come to think that he is not a person, more of a decoy. Whenever we were fighting him Bakugou's explosion went right through the smoke so it's proven he has no body source. We also believe his quirk is more than expected.. it might possibly be puppeteering so we're trying to backup our evidence but there is no one else around." You started to say until you suddenly remembered what you saw in the water reflection, making you look back up at that spot.

"I saw something on top of this roof not that long ago but I have no way of knowing what's up there." You said before turning back around, Midoriya was sitting Bakugou down along the wall so he didn't get injured anymore. Afterwards he activated his quirk and looked at you, gesturing for you to hold onto his arm.

"Just because I'm like this doesn't mean you can act like this Deku." Bakugou said with anger in his voice as you turned to look at him.

"We need to see what's on top of the roof since she said there was a sighting. I'm not letting her go alone as well, we will be back down after looking on top of the roof." Midoirya mentioned as Bakugou heavily sighed, gesturing for you to go. Without a second thought you took Midoriya's arm as he jumped from the walls until you two were on the top.

You let go of his arm and looked around, disappointed at the sight of no one being there. The rooftop was empty with a few leaves and boxes scattered around the dark corners of the top. Midoirya looked at you and smiled a bit, giving you reassurance that it will be alright. Soon he turned around to signal to Bakugou that no one was up here but you caught another glimpse of something beside one of the boxes. You carefully approached it before using your quirk to explode the wooden box, finding a man behind it.

He turned around and connected eye contact with you before screaming, causing the smoke figure to appear again. This caused Midoriya to immediately turn around and catch up to where you went but you had no time to spare. You dove through the smoke to latch onto the man but he was already on the ground, sprinting away from the sight. It seems as if he used the smoke decoy to cover him from running but it didn't work that well.

"I'll handle the decoy and then catch up later.. don't let him get away!" Midoirya shouted as you nodded in response and jumped from the rooftop, landing into the trash bin to cushion your landing before sprinting after him.

It looks like the chase has begun.