Chapter 52

Your body hesitated, it didn't want to turn around. Fear overflowed you of what will happen whenever you turn around, who will it be or what will they say? Your eyes fixated on Bakugou, watching as he stared behind you.

He wasn't able to move, you could tell he was hurting, but his face told otherwise. It was twisted with anger and pain... you couldn't tell if he was angry at the fact he couldn't move or that he couldn't control the situation you guys were in.

Before turning around you took a deep breath, your legs felt as heavy rocks while the feeling in your body sank to your feet, feeling as if you were tied down to anchors. You worked up the courage to turn around, just to come in contact with the last seen enemy.

"Unable to speak now that your partner has been injured?" The figure said as you shifted your body to look at Bakugou again, a lump was caught in your throat but if you didn't do it.. who else would?

I can't just stand here and do nothing, he needs medical help and the only way to get there is through him..

You thought before turning back at the villain, you watched as his piercing purple eyes shined in the moonlight. Before making any movements you studied his body, the smoke only stayed in one spot until he moved but other than that it was just smoke.

"Who are you.." You spat out while slightly shaking your head a bit, out of all the words you could've said that was the best that could come out.

The figure slightly laughed as you watched his eyes sway to the side a bit, looking away from you.

"All of this is unnecessary information, let's cut to the point of this. You two are getting to know too much, even coming out this late to investigate whenever you heard what happened last night." The figure spoke as you stood still, making sure to watch his movements closely.

"You even figured out my quirk, but you still haven't figured out my name." The figure spoke before looking right back at you, your eyes were widened with thoughts filling up your mind.

We figured out his quirk?! So he has been near us this whole time, we just didn't know yet.. does that mean we were right with his quirk possibly being puppeteering? If so then the real villain is somewhere else, this is just a distraction.

You thought before taking another deep breath, you only had one chance to use your quirk without blowing your cover that you're trying to find where he is. Not only is your life at risk but Bakugou's is as well.

An idea came up in your mind, calling for backup would be best at this point. Even though you wanted to do this yourself you couldn't stand around whenever someone has been hurt. You shifted your body a bit and slightly exploded a tiny rock off to the side, you thought it wasn't noticeable that you did it since your head kept moving during this process.

It surprisingly worked, the figure darted its attention over to what happened, giving you enough time to press a button on your watch, sending your location immediately to Aizawa.

"Blowing up rocks now?" The figure questioned as you furrowed your eyebrows.

"I didn't do anything, you saw that I've been standing here this whole time." You spoke, trying to play it dumb but it didn't work. The ground started to shake as you looked down at your feet, trying to stay balanced.

"I can't stand liars, I think it's time that you disappear as well with the others." The figure said as you stood there, taken in by shock from what he said.

The ground shook more as you started to panic, any move you used or learned with your quirk would hurt Bakugou more than he already is. You felt useless in the current situation, there wasn't a way to get around this without hurting him.

"Run..!" A raspy voice suddenly spat out, you turned towards it to see Bakugou looking at you. You shook your head a bit and quickly ran over to him, trying to lift the slab but it was too heavy.

"Look down, I'm going to explode it!" You exclaimed at Bakugou while backing up but he quickly shook his head.

"Behind you!" Bakugou shouted as you turned around, quickly dodging a blow from the figure, it was a weird power but now you know more that he can do other than making people disappear.

This man has multiple quirks.

You quickly thought before running out of his peripheral vision, still trying to explode the slab on top of Bakugou. A few seconds had passed while you were running out of sight but whenever you looked back, he wasn't there.

Everything felt like it was going in slow motion again, you turned your head to see the figure behind you. Within the split second you had to jump he fired another blast of this secondary quirk, luckily it only hit your ankle but when it hit, pain suddenly shot up into your leg.

You stumbled onto the ground, clenching onto your ankle as your nose scrunched up from the pain.

"How I love this game! Stand up and finish what you started or finish your fate with the others.. well you are going to end up that way." The figure said while letting out a laugh, his eyes shined brightly throughout the smoke as it started covering him more like a dust storm.

While he was laughing you turned your head, focussing onto the slab of concrete before exploding it, freeing Bakugou from the weight above him. You could hear footsteps above you as your ears started ringing from the explosions Bakugou sent off but they suddenly stopped.

You looked over to see Bakugou holding onto his stomach, it was a wound that was bleeding out. Was this from the concrete or the figure?

"Bakugou-!" You exclaimed while stattering to your feet, you limped over to him as he growled out in anger.

"This isn't a human, we have to find the real person because this is just a decoy." Bakugou said as he started darting his vision around the area.

"I know that Bakugou, I believe his quirk is puppeteering like we mentioned before." You said before looking back at the figure.

When are the others going to get here... at this rate we are going to end up dead by dawn.