09

Jin ae sat on her chair hand on the wooden desk that extended a few more seats

Jin ae sat on her chair hand on the wooden desk that extended a few more seats. It wasn't that she felt bored-she loved going to school, it was just the Kdrama binge she had last night with a few tubs of ice cream.

"Binary codes-which of you here, know exactly what binary codes are?"

Everyone knew yet no one raised their hand-instead avoiding the teacher's gaze as he chose a sacrificial lamb, which Jin Ae was thankful wasn't her but her seatmate instead.

"Sir I don't know"

"If only you were listening maybe you'd know"

Jin Ae could feel herself rolling her eyes-a frown on her face as she looked at the female who only resumed her day dreaming.

Her chin placed on the palm of her hand-a far off look in her eyes.

"Can you stop staring?"

"Oh-I'm sorry"

The girl sighed turning her head to look at her-a smile on her once blank face.

"I'm Shin Chunhae, majoring in Computer Science nice to meet you"

She whispered to Jin Ae, the hand once placed under her chin was stretched for a handshake. The later gratefully took it, thanking her lucky stars for the two new friends she was thankfully able to make on her first day-well she was still unsure about Sungchan.

"I'm Lee Jin Ae nice to meet you"

Chunhae only nodded opting to return to her daydreaming state yet she looked back at the girl.

"Want to seat with me at lunch?"

"Huh?"

"Nothing-it's just really hard to get along with anyone in this parts so I thought I might as well give you a headstart"

Jin Ae nodded a smile adorning her face-no words needed for the understanding the she had accepted Chunhae's offer.

"This class is boring"

"It sure is"

They exchanged a look, quiet giggles escaping their lips before a book was slammed down their shared desk as they almost jumped in unison.

"If the two of you are done solve the code up front"

"Noona!"

Jin Ae looked behind her followed by Chunhae's gaze. The tall boy waving at her from the cafeteria's entrance.

"Oh, you know Sungchan?"

"Oh-somethings happened and I mistook him for someone"

Jin Ae shrugged chuckling to herself as they made it to the line of students.

"So why did you decide to come here of all places in Timor?"

The girl in question only shrugged, following suite as Chunhae thanked the cafeteria lady for her daily lunch.

"It's the closest to my apartment"

The pair sat on one of the table, silence consuming them for a short while before a screech of the chair beside Chunhae, and the 01 liner who was previously waving at them sat down. Next to him was a girl who was busy glaring at the boy.

"Hi Chunhae noona!"

"Hey"

Came the elder's short reply, her fingers ruffling his hair that was now at her reach.

"Hi Jin Ae noona"

Jin Ae smiled greeting back before turning to the girl next to him. Her face littered with a few bandages here and there, her fingers wrapped in cloth the way a boxer's look.

"Jin Ae noona, this is Kim Minha"

"Nice to meet you"

"Likewise"

And awkward silence followed, until Chunhae decided to slam her chopsticks down and pull Minha next to her.

"Look if you're going to get in a fight-atleast make sure they avoid your face"

And all Jin Ae could think at that moment was she found new friends once again. And maybe-possibly-forget him.

 And maybe-possibly-forget him