29

She stopped in her tracks infront of Donghyuck's house-she doubled on her knees like she ran a marathon, although his house was only a few units away

She rang the doorbell twiddling with her thumbs, a strange churning in her stomach as the door opened revealing the boy's mother.

"Auntie, I need to speak to Donghyuck please"

She took a step forward but the woman only stood still, blocking her from moving inside.

"Auntie?"

"Leave"

The woman glared at her with disgust and contempt, far from the usual motherly gaze she'd receive. She felt like her head was about to explode-everything was wrong!

"I said leave"

"Auntie what's happening? Wha-"

She was cut off as she was roughly pushed away by the woman, the glare still in her eyes.

"I won't have Donghyuck associate with someone who only uses him for money"

Jin Ae furrowed her brows, sure Donghyuck's family never had any shortage of it and her family was barely making ends meet- but she never used the boy for his money.

"Aun-"

"Leave! Leave before I call the police!"

She felt tears brimming in her eyes before she frowned at the woman.

"Donghyuck! Lee Donghyuck!"

She called from the door, as the woman glared at her again.

"I said leave!"

Was her shout before the door banged close, she pounded on the said door before she gave up.

She plopped down on her knees infront of their door, what the fuck was going on.

Wait my phone

She sprung up from her place, running through the hallway once again and into her house. Ignoring her parents as she went to her room bag in hand.

She rummaged the bag-throwing away all her notes and books, she wasn't going to need them anymore anyway.

Her fingers clutching on the small device as she desperately searched for Lee Donghyuck, but as she found it she looked with dread as there was a red sentence on the end.

This user has blocked you, they cannot receive your calls or messages anymore. To learn more tap here.

She felt like the world was about to collapse, she felt empty and numb.

Her bedroom door flew open, her mother coming in as she pulled her away. She could care less as she was dragged away-looking back at the bedroom where she and Donghyuck used to have their sleepovers.

As they made it out the door and into the hallway-she spotted his familiar mop of hair just a few meters away.

She felt hope again as she began to struggle againts her mother, opening her mouth to yell out his name but she stopped in her tracks as their eyes met.

What did she do wrong? Why was he glaring at her?