31

Jin Ae buried her face in the soft pillows of her room

Jin Ae buried her face in the soft pillows of her room. Her face flush red as she replayed what has happened between her and Donghyuck.

I just told him I liked him!

"God I'm an idiot!"

She screamed out as she began to ruffle her hair in frustration, she didn't even give him a chance to speak before she went rushing out of the cafe.

"Our friendship was just fixed and here I go ruining it! Stupid mouth!"

She screamed out before her phone began ringing-Jin Ae picked the device up in annoyance before seeing Chunhae's face pop out.

"Hello?"

"HAHAHAHA Oh my God Lee Jin Ae!"

Without another word the girl in question ended the call, her head once again dropping in her pillows before her phone began to ring again.

She answered without looking, already knowing that Chunhae was there to make fun of her-best friends am I right?

"Chunhae I swear to God, I will put a sock in your mou-"

"Uhm is now a bad time?"

Her heart did a flip as she heard his voice, speaking of-how did he even get her number, no nevermind that he's in a mafia.

"Kind of-"

"I liked you too"

Jin Ae blinked a few time before her eyes widened as she stared at her phone screen.

"I'm sorry-WHA-"

"Shitty situation we're in right?"

"I swear if you don't let me finish my sentences"

She sighed out, Haechan chuckled from the other side of the phone. Before everything turned quiet-both of them had no idea what to do or say next.

Jin Ae could still feel her heart pounding as he spoke once again.

"Taeyong hyung said to come here later, by the way"

"Okay"

Was the only answer she could utter out, before the boy ended the call without a goodbye. Now she was sure she ruined everything once again.

But before she could question herself-like she always did. She had another thing to focus about.

What happened between her parents and Donghyuck's.

How is this possibly considered to Donghyuck being targeted by a rival gang.

And a lot more running through her mind, but first she dialed Chunhae's number-knowing full well she still might not be done with embarrassing her.

Without a second ring the girl picked up, followed by a laugh from her-and possibly Sungchan.

"Look who finally called back"

"I hate the both of you"

The only response she got was them cackling harder, oh how much she missed Minha-the girl would've probably laugh too but atleast she'd stop the other two.

"I'm surprised you called again within 5 minites though?"

"I need help, you said you have a lot of connections right?"

"Of course I do bestie, what do you need I'll find it for you"

Jin Ae muttered a thank you to Chunhae, the girl had once mentioned her connection with a few gangs in the area- mostly because she befriended most of them somehow.

Jin Ae wasn't surprised by that skill of hers, Chunhae had that natural charisma about her-even gang members aren't immune.

"I need to know what happened to my family and Donghyuck's four years ago"

I know Chan told me not to procrastinate-