02

"Haechan~"

"Haechan~"

The said boy could be heard groaning as he was shaken left and right. He raised an arm trying to swat whoever it was but only brought it back down.

"Donghyuck wake up!"

"What? Can't it wait?"

"No...it's already afternoon and we have a mission!"

He stared up at Jaemin, glaring at him while the latter gave him a toothy grin.
A sighed escaped his lips as motioned Jaemin to get out.

"I'm going to get changed, out now"

"Geez grumpy pants"

Haechan rolled his eyes, proceeding to shove the boy out of his room. He sighed once again, his bed dipping from his weight.

His eyes fell to the picture frame on his bedside table. The frown on his face deepening as he remembered the memory that came with it.

He unconciously reached out for the picture, scanning the picture.

There he was, the untainted him when he was younger next to him was his bestfriend. The slightly smaller girl had her arms around his shoulder, leaning to him for support.

Their smiles reached from ear to ear as they held a trophy together, though he wasn't looking at the camera. His focus was instead directed to the girl next to him.

His thumb grazed the picture, his gaze falling to the far corner where a messy hand writing laid untouched.

He scoffed reading the words inscribed, his heart lurching at the thought of her. He wasn't going to lie, he missed her but the hatred he felt was far more greater than anything else.

"LEE HAECHAN HURRY UP!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP JAEMIN, I'M COMING!"

Haechan scoffed, grumbling to himself as he reached for the closes t-shirt available to him. Opening en empty drawer he roughly shoved the framed picture, slamming the drawer shut as he mumbled incoherent curses under his breath.

Sunshine my ass...tsk.

To my sunshine!
Jin Ae ♡

To my sunshine!Jin Ae ♡

"HURRY HAECHAN! RUN!"

The girl cheered from the sidelines watching her bestfriend push himself past his limit.

She was supposed to compete in the race but her ankle was a hindrance as it was sprained just a few days ago.

"And class 1 wins! CONGRATULATIONS!"

She screamed at the top of her lungs, releasing the air she didn't know she was holding. Her eyes sparkled seeing the tired boy on his knees catching his breath.

She stood up ignoring the gnawing pain screaming at her to stop and sit back down.

She walked to his side, stumbling a bit making Haechan frown. He stood up running to her aid before she would fall.

"Idiot, aren't you injured?!"

"You did it Hyuck! You won!"

A bright smile was plastered on her lips, stopping the boy before he could nag at her any further.

"Yeah I did, you owe me lunch"

"Of course!"

Jin Ae beamed at him before jumping into his arms. Haechan stumbled back from the sudden force, releasing a grunt and snaking his arms around the girl for support.

"Thank you"

"You're always welcome sunflower..."

"There you go again with that nickname"

She pouted, crinkling her nose in distaste. Haechan giggled at her, ruffling her hair making her more annoyed.

"Guys let's take a picture!"

Their parents arrived infront of them, camera in hand as both kids smiled. Haechan looked at his bestfriend a few second before the camera flashed.

"If you're going to keep calling me sunflower I need a nickname for you..."

"Go ahead..."

"Sunshine"

Haechan's brows furrowed at the cliche name, lips pursed together in confusion.

"Why?"

"Because sunflower's follow the sun right? And they need sunshine to live so! I'm calling you Sunshine from now on!"

"Whatever you say Sunflower"