25

Sunlight seeped through her bedroom window, shining directly in her eyes which made her groan

Jin Ae opened her eyes, glaring at the sun as it glared back- she was sure she would've went blind if she hadn't closed her eyes again as she sat up on her bed.

Her feet touching the ground as she yawned-her hand running through the messy mop of her hair. She lost track of how long she was just seating there before she stood up and did her morning rituals.

Forget brushing her hair, she was too lazy for that - instead she opted to run her fingers through the tangles of her locks as she made her way down stairs.

The sound of something sizzling and the smell of bacon infiltrated her nose, as she was swept away by the appetizing fragrance.

She made her way into the kitchen, abruptly stopping in her tracks as the back of the boy greeted her as he ignored her while he was cooking.

Jin Ae tiptoed to the side, grabbing the first thing she could reach - which happened to be a pot, and got ready to smack the intruder upside down when Haechan turned around.

The both of them stayed there eyeing eachother for a few seconds before Jin Ae threw the pot somewhere - a loud clang echoing afterwards.

"What the fuck were you doing?"

"Oh what? No nothing, that? Ignore that I think the...cat wants to cook?"

"You're  literally allergic to cats"

If it wasn't for the fact that they were staring at eachother in utter silence, Jin Ae might've felt hope for their friendship due to the fact that Haechan still remembers her allergies- that means he still cares right?

The silence was broken by Haechan faking a cough as he turned around and flipped the last pancake that he was cooking.

"You can sit down if you want"

Jin Ae did as told wordlessly pulling on a chair from below her kitchen isle- she didn't even have to wait a minute before Haechan came sauntering in with plates of pancakes and bacons.

It was awkward so to say as they ate their breakfast in silence, Jin Ae glancing up at Haechan before back down to her food every 5 minutes.

"So...what happened?"

The boy raised a brow at her, still chewing on a piece of bacon hanging off his fork.

cute.

"What happened to you last night?"

"Ah"

He let out a sigh, finishing up the food in his plate as he turned around from the girl.

"Normally, it would be none of your fucking business"

Jin Ae narrowed her eyes at him, restraining herself from throwing her slippers at the back of his head.

"But, you did help me. I ran to someone who have a personal grudge on me I guess?"

"Who was it?"

"Didn't really know the guy he was speaking this weird riddles type of shit"

Jin Ae nodded, munching on her pancakes as Haechan continued to wash his dishes.

It was weird for Jin Ae- seeing him turn up infront of her door, make her breakfast, and wash the dishes.

She didn't even expect for them to talk normally but there they were.

"Haechan?"

The boy in question hummed in response, stepping away from the sink as he looked back at the girl.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

It was yet another moment of silence- he glared at her and it was as if Jin Ae was reminded of what happened a month ago.

When he said that he wasn't enough- exactly what she meant by that she had no idea.

"I don't"

"Then why do you shut me out? Why do you act so cold? I've been trying to reach out for you for years since I've move-"

"Stop lying"

Haechan cut her off, eyes glaring down at her wooden floor. He ran his tongue over his the inside of his cheeks - a feat he does when he was annoyed.

"What?"

"I'm going- thank you for letting me stay"

Was his cold response as he removed the apron he had been wearing and hanging it back up on the rack.

"Haechan!"

Jin Ae's voice rang out the apartment, the boy stopped in his tracks staying there for a good second before leaving again.

"Lee Donghyuck! Hey!"

She attempted to run after him but he was already gone, just like a month ago - she was left there again.