01

"Hello everyone, my name is Lee Jin Ae nice to meet you!"

She smiled as sweetly as possible, her voice coated with the sweetest tone she could muster. This school was the only other willing to take her in.

She wasn't exactly the brightest kid, and she got teased for it which often leads into a fight. But she was determined to change after all it had been 20 days without causing a fight!

Her smile widened as her new classmates clapped and cheered for her. Happily giggling to themselves as they called her names of adoration.

"Let's welcome Jin Ae to the classroom ok! You can sit beside Donghyuck if you'd like!"

A hand from the back quickly shot up making Jin Ae look towards the direction of it. She saw a boy with the brightest smile, his eyes twinkling with delight as he excitedly waved the girl over.

Jin Ae complied running over to the boy as her white dress flowed with every step she took. The closer she got to him the brighter his smile seemed to be, brighter than the sun if that was even possible.

"Hi I'm Lee Jin Ae!"

"I'm Lee Donghyuck or you can call me Haechan! Let's be friends!"

"Ofcourse! But why Haechan?"

"Because it means Full Sun, I want to keep smiling brightly even when everyone is down! Like the sun!"

Jin Ae groaned, fixing herself againts the car seat as she stretched her arms. The defeaning crack making her wince in pain for a second.

"Mom, are we there yet?"

"No"

"Alright"

She looked out the window, transfixed on the road as they passed by several familiar streets.

This is where she started, where she was born and raised for half her life. She had begged her parents to take her back here, thankfully they accepted for the exception that she has to live alone.

The car came to a sudden stop making Jin Ae perk up in surprise. She looked out the window staring at the familiar neighborhood.

"We're here"

She nodded at her mother, clutching her backpack and suitcase she went out the car. Almost immediately the car drove away leaving her there.

Jin Ae stood infront of the old apartment complex, her eyes scanning the building and it's surroundings.

"Jin! We'll get caught shh!"

Jin Ae giggled as the boy shushed her as they hid behind the old car. Their backs against eachother watching different ends of the car.

"Where could those two be?"

Her hand flew up to Haechan's shirt, the teasing tone of their mothers can be heard coaxing them out from the other side.

"There's ice cream~"

Jin Ae shot up eyes widening as she glanced at him, his expression exactly the same as her's.

"Jinjin no..."

"Jinjin yes!"

Jin Ae grinned as she waved her hand out of their hiding spot, giggling as the two females ran to them.

"We caught you!"

"It's Jin's fault!"

Haechan pouted, snatching the ice cream cone from his mother's hand. The latter in return giggled pinching her son's cheeks.

Jin Ae stared at his sullen expression, guilt tugging her heart as she knew how much he loved winning. Tears sprung to her eyes, the pain in her heart being too much to handle for her small being.

"I'm sorry"

She approached him, hand outstretched to his. Haechan looked up at the teary eyed girl, he frowned as his gaze switched to her hand that was tightly clutching the cone.

He sighed pulling her in a hug, one arm behind her back and the other patting her head softly.

"It's okay"

Both women cooed at the scene infront of them, watching both kids interact. Jin Ae looked up and smiled at the boy as he wiped her tears away.

"I miss him"

She mumbled with a small smile, eyes wandering to the spot where the familiar car once was but instead she was greeted by an empty street.

What was I thinking? It's been 4 years...

She sighed heading for the building infront of her instead.