23

Jin Ae woke up in a particularly good mood that morning-maybe it was because of the fact that it was a Friday, or that she saw Minha and Sungchan again

Although the two of them decided to drop out of school - much to Chunhae's protest-they still promised to keep in contact.

She skipped all the way to her school's gate, waving at Chunhae who was on her phone waiting for her.

"Hi febreze"

"Hi weirdo"

Came their usual greeting to eachother before they made their way through the gate, saying their greetings to the guard and the teacher that was there.

"So one more month huh?"

Maybe that was also another reason why Jin Ae was so happy that day, in a month's time she's graduating already.

Considering she missed almost half of the school year she was doubtful she wasn't going to repeat-but thankfully enough her grades saved her.

"Yup, I can't wait for vacation"

"Same here, though I doubt my sister and I would do something"

"Oh right you mentioned you have a sister, how is she?"

Chunhae looked down the floor, a faint smile on her lips before looking back up again.

"She's doing fine, one of us gonna finish college atleast-but I'm worried for her"

Jin Ae nodded in understanding, Chunhae had told her the situation her family was in before- maybe it was the spur of the moment or that she needed someone to know but Jin Ae was still happy she decided to tell her.

"She's been working five jobs lately, I'm older but she's sacrificing herself-she wouldn't even let me get a job"

Jin Ae brought the girl into a brief hug-something she noticed she's been doing a lot lately, but she wouldn't complain.

"You know, after you graduate you're gonna get that dream job and your sister can finally rest"

"I know but-"

"She did it because she wanted to, she loves you Hae"

The girl gave her a grateful smile as they rounded the corner to their classroom.

"Thanks Jin, this is why you're my favorite child"

The day ended in a flash and now Jin Ae stared at her ceiling in wonder

She wanted to know what it was feel liked to have a sibling- someone who would care for her even though they would fight a lot, though Chunhae advises her against it.

The later said something about an annoying little shit that you want to kill but you still love enough to worry about.

Well she wanted to feel that way-the closest sibling she could even consider was Donghyuck.

And now he was gone too, he hated her that's for sure-was she done with trying to prove her innocence to him? No she wasn't but it's hard to get a hold of someone who goes out of their way to avoid you.

Her train of thoughts were cut off when her phone rang, she groaned rolling around her bed until she could reach the wretched device.

She furrowed her brows at the unknown number, wanting to block it but it may be that rug she had ordered a few weeks ago which still hasn't arrive.

"Hello?"

There was silence at the other end of the line, Jin Ae could her feel herself rolling her eyes before she heard panting and a few curses.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Can you open up?"

She felt her heart flutter at the familiar voice, her hands began to shake and she was nervous for some reason.

"I'm sorry, w-what?"

"I said can you fucking open your door, it's freezing out here"