12

"Be careful of the spikes"

Chunhae whispered as Jin Ae climbed over the fence, both hands supporting her as she swung her legs over the brick wall and landed with a loud thud.

The latter grimaced as she stared at the latter who now lay splat on the ground.
"Hey you ok?"

"No-I think I broke a ribcage"

Jin Ae moved her head to face Chunhae a grin on her face making her friend roll her eyes.

"At this point I'm done with your dramatic ass and you febreze"

Jin Ae chuckled standing up with the girl's help. They both made their way to the supposedly haunted establishment.

"If I die here-I'm haunting you first"

Jin Ae whispered, goosebumps rising up her arm as she shone the flashlight on the building.

The door was busted down, traces of nature retaking it's place and the broken furniture inside made the structure much much more creepier.

"How did you know this place anyway?"

She could feel her face paling as she heard no response, she turned around flashlight searching through the dark for her dark haired friend.

"Chunhae it's not funny!"

She called out with a shake in her voice, in the distance she could hear thumping coming from the backyard of the house-followed by something roaring yet she didn't dare want to find out.

She couldn't even run out it was as if she was stuck in one place, sweat beginning to form in her forehead as tears sprung up from her eyes.

"Jin Ae! Oh my god-are you crying?"

She looked infront of her-Chunhae stood in all her glory grinning as if she won the olympics.

"I-it's not funny"

She sobbed making the latter's grin fall off her face, embracing her in comfort she mumbled apologies.

"Let's go"

Chunhae giggled, pulling Jin Ae towards the backyard but she pulled her back. Shaking her head no with wide eyes.

"No-I heard sounds from their I swear! I'm not kidding you"

"Oh come one-let's just go"

Chunhae giggled once again, this time pushing her towards the place. The thumping got louder and clearer-which Jin Ae could make out as music and a few cheers and screams from voices, most likely people.

"What?"

Brows furrowed as they stopped infront of a tinted glass door, disco lights coming from the outside and shining through the windows.

"Hey!"

Chunhae pounded on the door-giving Jin Ae a reassuring smile once she saw her face full of doubt.

"Who's there?"

A voice from the other side asked, a chuckle following soon after as Chunhae rolled her eyes.

"Open up Park Jihoon!"

As if on cue the door opened-Jin Ae squinting her eyes as she was blinded by the bright lights for a second. Chunhae grinned again taking the girl's hand and leading her to the open space.

There were a lot of people-some were her age and other were younger? Jin Ae could swear she saw some 16 year olds here somewhere.

They were all so carefree-not as if they grew up in the dumps of this place and that made Jin Ae grin. Finding herself enjoying the party.

 Finding herself enjoying the party