28

Jin Ae whistled a tune as she made her way into their house, dumping her bag on the couch as she went searching for her beloved parents

"Mom? Dad? You're favorite child's back!"

Her mom popped up next to her, carrying a box in her arms followed by her dad with a bigger box and a smaller one.

"Not true, where's Donghyuck?"

"Wow, ok then I'll just switch places with him"

Her dad laughed before continuing to jog up the stairs, possibly to get more boxes?

"What's up with these?"

The room was silent, as she watched her mom twiddle with her thumbs-something she always does when she was hiding something.

"Mom?"

"Honey, sit down with me yeah?"

The girl complied as she plopped down on the couch, letting out a quiet 'oof' as she bounced back a few.

"So? Wazzup?"

"Fix your language please, kids these days"

"Mom, the boxes?"

The woman sighed, it was inevitable that she needed to tell Jin Ae.

"We're moving"

Jin Ae blinked a few times, cocking her head to the side as she furrowed her brows.

"I'm sorry what?"

"We're moving"

Jin Ae abruptly stood up, this was supposed to be the best day ever. It was the last day of school, she got ice cream with Donghyuck, then have sleepover.

No where in her plans was to suddenly know that they were moving.

"Why?! We're happy here! I don't want to move schools again! You can move I'm staying!"

"Jin Ae-"

"No, I'm not leaving everything behind! You can't make me!"

She was about to storm out when she heard the thunderous voice of her father from upstairs.

"LEE JIN AE"

"What?!"

"Sit down here and let your mother explain"

The girl huffed and turned back around, her arms crossed across her chest as she tapped her foot impatiently.

"Donghyuck's family, is in trouble-we can't associate with them anymore"

"What?! Aren't you and auntie friends?! So are you just going to leave your friend behind-"

"We were only friends because of you and Donghyuck anyway"

Jin Ae felt like crying, why? was she dreaming? what the fuck was going on?

She watched their parents interact and be there for eeach other before, what was the difference now?!

"But you love Hyuck"

Her voice was just above a whisper before she ran out, ignoring the calls of her parents-she didn't need this. All she wanted was him.

 All she wanted was him