20

Jin Ae blinked a few times, her eyes staring at his as he held the boy's hand in a twist

Jin Ae blinked a few times, her eyes staring at his as he held the boy's hand in a twist. If looks could kill-she'd already had attended a funeral.

"Shut the fuck up before I kill the both of you"

His tone dangerously low as he stared the two boys down, the other one however stood his ground-looking up at the slightly taller male.

"Why should we listen to you?"

Haechan smirked, cracking his knuckles and turning his head to the side. His glare hardening as the other two shivered.

There was a crack that filled the store as his fist landed on the metal beside the boy's head.

"Didn't I tell you to shut the fuck up?"

"Whatever man"

The boys scrambled past Haechan muttering curses under their breath-Jin Ae took a step forward, biting her lip as she stared at the boy.

"Donghyuck"

It felt like years as they both stood there doing nothing and saying nothing.

Jin Ae bit her lip taking another step forward only for him to take a step back.

"Isn't it enough that I saw you the other day?"

The girl shook her head, wanting to rush in his arms-feel the familiar warmth she was longing for. Well he was the reason she moved back to this dump anyway, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

"Hyuck"

"Don't call me that"

He snapped, turning to glare at her with a scowl on his face. She took another step forward, her eyes pleading for him to talk to her.

But of course non verbal communication was something he ignored-especially since he hates her.

"Please talk to me"

"Why would I? I don't have any reason to"

Jin Ae frowned as the boy walked out-her following just a few steps away until they made it outside.

"Stop following me! Fuck!"

"Donghyu-"

"Haechan"

Jin Ae sighed taking a step closer to the boy, he took a step back glaring at her. The scowl on his face deepened, his jaw tightening.

"Haechan...I'm sorry"

"Sorry? Sorry for what huh? For leaving me? For saying that I'm not good enough?!"

"I didn't say that"

Her face contorted with confusion, frowning ever so slightest.

"Yeah and pigs can fly, now can you fuck off?"

Jin Ae opened her mouth to speak but no words came making Haechan sneer. He raked a hand through his hair hissing at the girl.

"Thought so"

He mumbled sending her one last glare before turning to leave. Jin Ae watched as he left knowing full well she wouldn't be able to do anything.

"None of those were true...you're more than enough"

But it only came in an almost inaudible whisper. Her gaze fixated on him, watching as he slowly disappeared as he rounded the corner.

Jin Ae could only wonder what he meant by her saying he wasn't good enough-he was enough for her, all she could ask for.

It was like someone was stabbing her heart, it hurts-it really did, because losing her best friend was worse than any other pain she felt.

Haechan sat on his car, teeth gritted and eyes hardened. He unconsciously played with the charm of his necklace-something from her that he can't seem to get rid of.

He was mad at her, for petty reasons or not. He tried to forget about her but he can't.

She disappeared for 4 years, leaving him nothing but pain-then she turned up again as if nothing happened.

He didn't want her back in his life, but it was like she never left and he hated it.

Haechan let out a groan pulling on his hair as he slammed his fist down on the steering wheel-over and over again until he felt tired.

Pants and silent curses leaving his lips as he tried to calm himself down.

Fuck in hell, he missed her and he was afraid to admit it-because deep down he knows he was partially at fault. He always was.

 He always was