26

"He's weird"

"He's weird"

Jin Ae nodded at Chunhae's statement, they had just finished talking about what happened between Jin Ae and Haechan.

Chunhae sipped on her morning tea, gazing out the window of the shop they were in- Jin Ae munched on the few macarons that were left on their plates.

"You know..."

Chunhae started still staring outside, her gaze landing on a family just down the street. Of course that didn't escape Jin Ae's attention- if only she could do something about it though, maybe she could've made Chunhae happy.

"I think, the both of you need to talk face to face

"Even if we manage to do the face to face part, I doubt the talk part will happen"

Chunhae pursed her lips together in a pout, before her face lit up as she turned her head back to face Jin Ae.

The latter sweatdropped, knowing that look full well- for the last two months that she had been the girl's best friend, that look usually signified that she thought of causing trouble.

"Wait here"

She chimed as she skipped her way out of the coffee shop. Jin Ae looked out the window, her brows knitting together in curiosity of who Chunhae was on the phone with.

She returned to her normal position as she saw Chunhae coming back, a smile on her face as she skipped back inside the cafe - the bell chiming behind her as she sat down across Jin Ae again.

"Who was that?"

"Someone who can help us, duh"

"Exactly, who?"

There was a minute of silence before Chunhae shrugged her shoulders, grinning from ear to ear- Jin Ae groaned as she tried prying the information away from the girl.

She even lost how many minutes they were fighting there, much to the amusement of the people in there but she couldn't care less about them.

The only time she stopped was when a car pulled up in front of the cafe, the familiar black BMW that belonged to her deer friend.

Her eyes narrowed at Chunhae who was casually sipping her tea-looking anywhere but Jin Ae.

The latter turned her attention back at the boy, well that was before the person who got out of his passenger seat showed himself.

"Oh no you didn't"

"Oh yes I did"

"Chunhae no I can't, he won't listen"

The aforementioned female let out a sigh, turning her head to Jin Ae as the bell rang- Jin Ae sucked in her breath, knowing that her seconds were counted.

"Make him listen then"

Chunhae stood up tapping Haechan on his shoulder, whispering a few things before sauntering off with Sungchan who mouthed a 'Goodluck' to Jin Ae.

The boy in front of her cleared his throat as he sat on the seat parallel from her.

No words uttered between the two of them, instead Jin Ae watched Chunhae from the other side of the window as she gestured to Haechan before sliding in Sungchan's car.

"So-"

"Uhm-"

They looked at each other, staring at the side-once again Jin Ae watched the other two inside Sungchan's car, squinting her eyes at the tinted window she could swear she saw them face palm.

The seat parallel hers screeched as Haechan pulled it and sat on it, ignoring the stares of the other people at the cafe.

"Sungchan told me, you wanted to talk?"

"Promise you won't run away from me?"

Haechan stayed silent for a few seconds before nodding.

"I have a lot of questions"

"So do I"

She answered as she took a sip of her tea, maybe to outsiders they looked like they were striking some kind of deal but to Jin Ae- maybe she could get her bestfriend back.

They both sat there in silence again before he opened his mouth to speak, both minds knowing they had a lot of catching up to do.

"Why did you leave me?"

Chunhae and Sungchan out here doing God's work🥰