22

The four of them stood in the rooftop where they would usually hang out, Sungchan and Minha avoiding the elders gazes as if it were the plague

"So care to explain what happened to the both of you?"

Jin Ae could swear she saw the two visibly flinch at Chunhae's question-well she can't blame them, mama Chunhae was scarier than her real mom.

"So are we just going to stand here all day or are you going to explain?"

Sungchan gulped, his eyes darting to Jin Ae's asking for help-to which the later only shrugged to mouthing a 'you're on your own kiddo'.

"Noona, the thing is you know how I'm part of NCT right?"

Chunhae nodded, ready to listen to the two who after a month of disappearance decided now would be the right time to show up.

"And the thing is-"

"Wait, before you continue sit down you two I'm getting cramps just staring at you"

At her word the two wordlessly sat down-Jin Ae pursed her lips in amazement, stopping herself from chuckling as Minha and Sungchan followed Chunhae's every word without question.

"So as I was saying, Minha had some family issues to take care of and now she's caught up in NCT?"

It was a minute of silence before Chunhae stood up, she slipped her jacket off her shoulders and draped it over Minha's shoulders.

"I can see you shivering, god it's so cold and you go around wearing that"

Chunhae groaned out as she distanced herself away from the group-not that far, she was just leaning on the railings trying to sort her mind.

Jin Ae smiled, knowing that no matter how much Chunhae would scold the two she was still happy deep down.

"Well I'm glad both of you are ok"

Jin Ae smiled brighter, her eyes gazed at Minha in worry when she heard her sniffle.

"Eonnie"

The girl sobbed out-wiping her tears away on the sleeve of Chunhae's jacket. Jin Ae wasn't even thinking anything but the moment she saw the younger's tears she practically ran to her side.

Next to her was Chunhae -whose motherly instinct went wild- and Sungchan who smiled at the girl sadly.

"Oh my god, baby are you ok? Does it hurt somewhere? Do you have any wounds? I'm not pressing on them are you?"

Came Jin Ae's rapid fire of questions as she hugged the girl to her chest, her hands playing with the strands of her hair.

Minha shook her head no, her body shaking from the cold and from crying as she snuggled into the elder's warmth more.

If she was being honest, Jin Ae was surprised to find the younger girl crying so much- it was something she hadn't seen before.

Minha was always strong willed, got into fights a lot and didn't back down whenever she needed to protect herself or someone she loves.

Somehow Jin Ae was relieved to see the girl sobbing in her arms-the past month must've been hard for her.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Came Chunhae's quiet whisper, Minha mumbled a no-calming down from her fit but still refused to stay away from Jin Ae's hug.

"If you decide you want someone to listen we're here"

"Thank you, I missed you"

"Hey I'm still here!"

Came Sungchan's protest, a pout on his lip as he semi glared at the female. Minha stuck her tongue out at him which resulted in another banter.

Jin Ae giggled as she watched the two, her gaze flickering to Chunhae who had a content smile on her lips.

This was something the both of them had missed- the family the four of them had built, it was complete again.

"We missed you two"

"God-I love you idiots"