30

Everything was perfect that day for Lee Donghyuck

Everything was perfect that day for Lee Donghyuck. Time seemed to have flown past them as he was already 15, yet he can still remember the way she grinned as she ran next to him.

He had everything planned out, they were going to get ice cream-like always, then head to the park.

His plans was to watch the sunset together then tell her, he loves her. Now here he was happily skipping to their home after dropping off Jin Ae just a few door down.

"I'm home!"

He greeted as soon as he opened the door, removing his shoes before a hand firmly grasped his shoulders. He jolted up in surprise to see his mom. She had tears in her eyes and a frantic look on her face-far difference from how she looked sending him off to school earlier.

"Mom?"

"Listen to me honey, pack your bags"

"Why what's happening?"

His question remained unanswered as his mother frantically ran about the place-his sister and father nowhere to be found.

"Just pack your bags, you won't understand"

"How will I understand if you won't explain?!"

The woman stopped in her tracks as she looked at Donghyuck with a sigh. He felt his heart hammer against his chest, something wasn't right-and that was answered when his mom opened her mouth to speak.

"Some bad people are chasing us and we can't expect help from those other Lee's"

"Jin Ae's family? Why? Why not?"

"They've been using us for money Donghyuck, now do as I say and pack your bags"

The boy stood frozen in his spot, he can't process what was happening-they were fine just a few hours ago. What happened while they were at school?

"No, Jin Ae won't do that!"

"Yes she already had! Do you even know what she's saying about you? That you're only good because you have money?"

Donghyuck backed away, his eyes wide as his heart began to thump faster. He fell to his knees as his mother continued yelling away what the girl had supposedly said.

"She said you were a good for nothing! That you were only annoying-"

Before his mother could spout more nonsense the door bell rang. The woman raced towards the door, leaving Donghyuck crouching down on the floor, tears streaming out of his eyes which he didn't bother to wipe away.

"Lee Donghyuck!"

He heard her call out his name but for some reason he stood up to go to his room, quietly packing his few belongings. He mindlessly took out his phone and scrolled down to find her number.

He felt numb, did she really say that? do that?  His fingers were shaking as he blocked her number. The noise outside finally settled down as he only assumed that she was already gone.

"Oh honey"

Was his mother's greeting to him as she wiped away his stray tears.

What's happening?

Was replaced by the sudden disgust he felt when he saw her  being dragged away by her mother. He couldn't help the glare that made its way in his face as he remembered his mother's words.

He wanted to run to her, he wanted to run away with her. But he stood frozen in place and tried to convince himself that he never loved her.

 But he stood frozen in place and tried to convince himself that he never loved her

Present Day
4:00 pm

Jin Ae sat in front of Haechan, lost for words as he mouth gapped like a fish. They stared at each other, no words coming out of them-even after listening to eachother's side of the story, nothing made sense.

"So to be clear, you never said or did any of that?"

"No!"

She yelled out defensively, her fist clenching as she remembered his words-when the fuck did she say those words?

"Are you su-"

"Yes I'm sure Lee Donghyuck! I was in love with you!"

They're faster than my wifi😭