Chapter 1: Disappointment

(A/N): Hey guys, I hope you enjoy.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our story begins in the year 2022, the world of virtual reality has advanced so far in such little time that the only difference between them was death. You could revive and start over in a game as if nothing happened, but in our reality, we have no do-overs. And with the sky being the limit of what we can accomplish, the newest virtual technology was created, the nervegear.

A helmet that sent false information to the brain, blocking real sense from the body and gives the user an experience like no other. The first VRMMO game for the nervegear was a simple one, a world where swords and dungeons were the focal points of the game. A simple sword could take the player anywhere in the 100-floor castle of Aincrad.

A beta test for the game existed where 1,000 players could experience the game before it hit store shelves. Once it was finally released, the game only had 10,000 copies, restricting the number of people and making it very limited, and desired.

But our story begins with the very thing that warms our planet and brightens our skies. The sun.

The rays of light crept through the curtains in a window in Setagaya, Japan. As the light began to illuminate the room it finally reached a pair of closed eyes. The sudden disturbance of brightness made the figure roll over to avoid the light.

*Beep Beep*

*Beep Beep*

*Beep Be-

The sound of the alarm was canceled out by a smooth and gentle hand pressing upon it. The hand then traveled back to the resting place and removed the red and white blanket that covered the figure. Slowly the hand began to rub the figure's eyes as the other does the same while moving aside some locks of chestnut-colored hair.

The figure sat up as it finished, its eyes wandered across the room and halted once it reached a large set of textbooks. The figure groaned as it stretched its body to remove any excess tiredness from its system. Stepping off its resting place, the figure walked towards a large closet and picked up a pair of clothes that appeared to be a school uniform.

Once fully dressed, the figure stood in front of a mirror and sat down as it began to tie its hair. Long precious locks of chestnut were neatly tied and all that was needed to finish the attire was a smile. The same smile it has been putting on for as long as it can remember, the smile that hid all of its fear, stress, worries, and opinions. This figure was no other than the 15-year-old girl named Asuna Yuuki.

The date was November 6, 2022, the day that the midterm ranking was revealed. She walked out of her bedroom and headed to eat breakfast with her mother, as she does daily when she isn't working. As she begins to lower to the bottom, a maid is waiting for her.

Sada: Miss, good morning, breakfast has been prepared for you.

Asuna: Good morning Sada, and thank you for your hard work.

She replied to the servant, she enters the dining hall to find a woman with dark brown hair that reached the bottom of her head reading a newspaper. She headed to her seat while greeting her mother.