→Chapter 11←

A/N. Rin's reaction be just like Dark Shadow's 🥰 Let's assume she's the one taking a picture with a simping expression while Tokoyami says, "Is this really necessary?"

"Of course it is!"

.    .    .

"I want to help my brother" after I said that I paused for a second to get my words in order. Hawks waited patiently. "I know that my world revolves too much around him... but there is nothing else I could ever think of. I want to share the hardships he will face in life if he takes this path. I might have a quirk that is worthy and strong enough to be able lead others but I don't want that, I want to be a person who eases his burdens even more. He was actually always the one that really led me and because I know him, I know he'll carry too much in the future. Dreams, hopes, values..."

He is the main reason I wanted to become a hero, I want to support him. Even if he's weak or strong I want to be the stairs under his feet that will push him because he deserves to be on top and I love him more than anyone.

I looked up at Hawks after I was done, it was like I made the words come to life. I had said this out loud for the first time in my life and he was the first person to know it. It also made my wish and determination to become a hero even more resolute.

Hawks smiled at me, there was meaning in his smile and his eyes had the sparkle that made his smile brighter.

He said in a happy tone "I'll tell you a story of this little boy who always held a doll of the no.2 hero. He never met any heroes and always thought they were fiction like movies on tv. But when he came to the city for the first time, he saw real heroes and real villains. He even encountered his favourite hero. He saw his hero endeavour for the no.1 spot even though the gap was too huge." Slowly and gradually Hawks' tone became serious, "He was the first person to seriously try to cross the chasm even though he knew he might never reach it. There was no one by his side but he continued to try to build a bridge to cross the gap. The boy respected that hero's diligence and determination. He then decided that he wants to become strong to help his hero achieve his dream. He didn't want anything and he didn't want to be a famous hero, he wanted to help and push his favourite hero to the position he wanted to reach."

I watched with a wide eyed expression. He simply smiled his lazy smile, his serious expression fading, seeing that I understood. This was the first time that Hawks actually said something about himself.

But what'd this have to do with my question? He couldn't have known we were that similar without me telling him.

"I had seen the footage of the sludge monster incident. You also wanted to save that kid who was trapped, but instead of attacking the villain you first made sure your brother could move forward, even if he was quirkless. You could have just attacked first like you did a moment later. You would have been able to finish it right then and there but you didn't.

I like to be the kind of hero that has a monotonous routine and complains about it. My goal is to create a world where heroes have too much time on their hands. Both of our reasons are cut from the same cloth. I am kind of like a producer and you are my little producer in training" He grinned ruffling my hair.

His words made no sense at first until he reached the end. I'll never completely get it, but it's fine. In a way it felt like a weight was lifted off my chest because it always troubled me, that feeling like I was given a silver spoon at birth. Maybe it's still a little like that and it felt unfair to every other person who was aiming like me. But I can take this. There was no use in thinking too much, I'll just have to make it worth taking me in.