→Chapter 60←

"So this is your little sister? She's so adorable!" I said, surprised that Tokoyami had a sibling. And they certainly looked like each other. "You'd be like me and Izu if she wasn't so little"

"Sometimes she's too bright for me" Tokoyami replied.

The school allowed this faraway trip since it was after all a heroes expo and would be a great experience. We were already in our hero costumes too. Izu probably already reached there by now, we had half an hour more to go.

Unlike the first time when me and Tokoyami had travelled together, we talked all through the flight about many different things— our holidays, different training routines, when Hawks had visited us to give the invites, the expo itself and about the events there.

Apparently Hawks had given him a surprise visit at his front door to drop the invite. His entire avian family was surprised and his little sister, Niyami was jumping around in joy that she had met Hawks.

I giggled at the image of the little female Tokoyami jumping around holding a doll in joy around Hawks. In fact Hawks himself being around kids was cute in itself.

Tokoyami's head was lowered with eyes closed in embarrassment. "I can tell you that I have never behaved like Niyami does." he said firmly as if reading my mind.

Apparently the both of them take after their father's looks. His mom who was a non mutation, has a bird aura quirk which is mostly like an illusion, but inducing the intimidation of an eagle, beauteous air of a peacock, loud voice of a macaw, the darkness of a crow, things like that on activation. She's the lively one in their family and his sister inherited her personality. His father has the ability to blend in the shadows except he can't move once he's blended.

I've oftentimes thought of how the times were in the past surrounding quirks, and compared them with the present. People with mutation quirks used to be highly ostracized with many derogatory titles like 'monster', 'aliens', 'ugly'. Obviously, relationships like Tokoyami's parents were at the rare existence of 'beauty and the beast' fairytales. It's amazing to see the society improve in its views because I see nothing wrong in them. Now, at least in the cities, beauty and the beast is just a criticizing title at most among the more mature audiences. They were a couple, nothing more nothing less.

We went through the immigration belt soon after stepping out of the flight with our luggage. The surroundings scanned us while acquiring our information at the same time, just like with everyone else. Both of us were in awe at the technology.

After passing through the final gate, our names were shown above with our ID numbers, pictures and names that were registered on the invites, "the immigration inspection is complete." The artificial voice recited.

Outside, the same voice spoke, "Currently on I-island we are having the preopening of I-expo, an exposition showcasing the results of various research and developments. If you received an invitation, please come and take a look."

There were so many people outside the airport. As we walked forward both of us were once again taken aback by the entire place. It was so lively and beautiful.

"So many people.." Tokoyami said in awe.

"And it hasn't even been opened to the public yet. It's so amazing. I can't wait to visit all the important attractions."

Both of us had sparkling eyes at the scene that wasn't far from paradise in our eyes. So many heroes, everyone were in costumes!

"Rin!! Tokoyami!!"

I turned and saw Izu running over waving his hand high up in the air. I waved back brightly and jogged over to hug him. When we broke apart I realized there was another blonde girl with spectacles who had come with him.