→Chapter 42←

A/N. 

Shoto: How are you able to stand so stably, I'm finding it hard.

Katsuki: How can you not?! And stand on your own you GG bastard!

Or something like that, just an educated guess🤣😆

.    .    . 

"Hey Todoroki"

He turned around and was surprised to see me there, "Weren't you supposed to be at the nurse's office?"

"Oh, I was but I just got discharged. I was just going to the locker rooms to get changed before the match and ran into you on the way there."

He was silent and then looked down at his left hand that he held up, we stayed in silence for a few moments.

"Are you still conflicted about your left side?" I asked.

He clenched his fists.

"I am always here if you want to talk about anything, I may not be a sibling or parent but I'd still like to help as a frien-" I was saying but was interrupted.

"Ever since I used my left side with you and Midoriya, I wonder if I did the right thing. I ended up hurting both of you badly... and remembering so much of my past. Things I chose to forget, painful memories even. Of where everything started." He held his scar lightly, "Bakagou wants me to use my left side on him so he can beat me at my best. If he wins against me at full strength it means he beat you too, but I'm not sure about using it again."

I reached out and caught his hand that caressed his scar, and pulled it down to hold it. He's still so conflicted isn't he?

I smiled gently while he looked up at me with wide eyes, "You want to win don't you? You still want to become a hero, then you have to give it your all. There are painful memories yes, but focus on the good times, focus on mine and Izu's words that made you use your fire. Focus on the feeling you had when you felt like you couldn't do anything but use your fire with me and Izu. Everything will be alright. And don't feel guilty for hurting us, we don't blame you at all and wanted you to fight with everything you've got. So don't worry, and don't doubt yourself, you've got this. And if you still can't find the courage, that's fine too, but we'll still be cheering you on from the stands. I'm just saying this because I think you want to change and use it for yourself." I said softly.

He was still and shocked with wide eyes while still looking at me, processing everything I said, then he looked down and smiled, "you still want to be a hero don't you? My mother said the exact same thing when I was little"

"Oh!" I left his hand and rubbed the back of my neck smiling abashedly, "I didn't know that, I'm sorry if I shouldn't have said tha-t..."

Just then I realized he smiled, it looked so good on him, it was like the warm embers in the fireplace during a raging winter.

"You should smile more" I grinned, "it's nice"

He looked up with wide eyes again and then nodded very slightly, his eyes averted to the side.

"K then all the best, I'll be watching from the stands" I said cheerfully.

He nodded again with the soft smile. He really nods a lot, kind of reminds me of a cute puppy.

...wait what was that?

My mind turned to the fact that I wouldn't be able to go watch until I changed, "Yikes! Ok gotta go if I want to watch, byee!" I exclaimed and ran towards the locker rooms. He nodded yet again, I couldn't help but smile.