Chapter 1 || My Best Friend is my favorite kind of Insane

L I Z

"You're stained," someone whispered softly behind me. My heart skipped a bit immediately, because it wasn't a female voice, it was a male's. "Here," it said, and I felt a hoodie wrapping around my waist. I turned to thank the person, but before I could, he turned on his heels and walked away, saving me the hideous embarrassment. These damn tampons. I tie the long hands of the hoodie around my waist, while I wait for my big brother to arrive from an away game.

I've been here for two and half hours.

Thanks to my loving big brother. He was supposed to be here an hour ago, I'm guessing his flight was late. This isn't new anyway, he's always kept me waiting in times like this. I want to sit down, but I can't, I'll ruin this hoodie. Half of me is glad that the mysterious dude walked away, the other half of me expected him to stay for at least a few seconds, despite the embarrassment.

"Just when is Jason going to get here?," I grunt to myself. "That's thirty minutes more," I grunt to myself, glancing at my phone. The airport isn't really busy at the moment, but once my brother and his teammates arrive, it's going to be as crowded as hell. I know what you're thinking, I'm supposed to also be popular because my big brother is a Professional Hockey Player, but that's my sister's job, I don't want people to recognise me simply because my brother is famous. I've lived in the shadows of my older ones because I'm not into the famous life, and because I'm not as smart as them.......

"When is your asshole of a brother going to get here?," I hear a voice grunt behind me. It's Diane, my favorite person. "I've been waiting for you forever," we hug and she pulls away, her eyes catching the hoodie tied around my waist.

"Where did you get that?!," She squeals. Now that I'm about to explain this embarrassing story to her, I realise that I'm somewhat excited that the dude didn't bother to look at me. My eyes spot the door to the ladies room, so I pull her behind me until we get there.

"Do you have any tampons in your purse?," I ask, my voice shaking.

"Oh God Liz! Don't tell me you got stained, whatever happened to new year, new beginnings?," She digs in her purse and hands me one.

"Thank you!," I squeal. I hand her the hoodie and then I head into the rooms to take care of my business. My very annoying business.

"No way! You gotta come check out this hoodie!," She screams.

"What's on it?!," I yell back, adjusting my skirt and heading out. Her mouth is hanging open. What have I done?

"You made a jackpot Babe! A fucking huge jackpot!," She squeals. "This hoodie says West, Number 13," she shoves it in my face. I'm not a fan of hockey, so the more I stare at it, the more I get super confused.

"Aaron West, Number 13, Captain of the Seattle Hockey team!," She screams. Oh, now I get, it's a guy.

"Oh," where is she going with this? "The person didn't let stare at him, he just whispered to me, wrapped me and left,"

"No way, what if he was the one that wrapped this around your waist?, Did he talk to you?," She's already drilling me for details.

"We don't even know if it was him," I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "And I don't want to give my brother anymore punching bags," I adjust my dark bra length hair as I stare at the mirror. Diane joins me.

"I hate your brother," she says.

"He's just being overprotective," I sigh as we exit the ladies room.

Jason hasn't arrived yet, and that's when my phone buzzes with a text, it's him.

JASON
*I got to the airport and you weren't there, thanks for nothing.