Chapter 36 || Non-existent To Me

L I Z

"Goodnight, Baby," Aaron says and I hear a crash sound in the background. "Shit, sorry.... it's Terence, he's babysitting me tonight, before he and Nick fly out," he says and I freeze.

"Babysitting?" My voice comes out as a squeal. Wait.....what? "Aaron, why did you want me to come home and spend the night?" I ask and his face falls. What's wrong?

"Baby Girl, I can't.....fuck.....I can't walk around and do stuff by myself," he runs his free hand on his hair and a guilt stabs me in the chest.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask and his face twists in worry.

"He didn't want you to be worried!" I hear Terence in the background.

"And you have exams, I don't want you to lose focus," he smiles.

"So, Terence is going to help you shower," I state.

"Not my best moment," Terence appears on the screen.

"Gee, thanks dude," Aaron scoffs playfully.

"Heard about Jason, sorry," Terence says and I smile at him.

"Thanks, still dreading "the talk" with my dad though, I don't feel like I have it in me to face him,"

"Take it from me," Terence says, "he might be a dick, but he raised you, you owe him a conversation; you're going to have to do this eventually, so why not do it soon so that it gets off your chest?,"

"Yeah, I will," I smile at his honesty. I keep wondering why Claudia ditched him, he's a really good person.

"Alright, screen time is over!" He grins and Aaron smacks him playfully.

"Thanks, Mom," Aaron teases.

"You're welcome," Terence goes off the screen, "Only five more minutes," he says in the background.

"I love you," Aaron says and I feel my cheeks heating up. "About what I said earlier.....the part about not being able to hear you moan--,"

"It's fine," I throw my head back in laughter. "You were just being honest, not your finest moment, but it's fine,"

"Really? I've been thinking about it since I left," He chuckles. "What do you mean not my finest moment?"

"Shh....Goodnight, teddy bear," I tease.

"Kick ass in your exams tomorrow," he winks at me.

"That's it, screen times over..... goodnight Lizzie," I hear Terence in the background.

"Lizzie? I'm the only one who calls her that--," and that's the last thing I hear before the screen goes black. Boys will always be boys.

"Can I come in?" I hear Diane at the door. "Alright, I'm already in," she walks into my room and shuts the door behind her. Joining me on the bed, she grins, "Well, that went well,"

"Please tell me you were only joking, and that you didn't hear him groan," I tell her and she laughs.

"Trust me, I wish I was," she smirks.

"Oh my God," I cover my face with my hands as she laughs triumphantly.

"Alright, real talk," she sits closer, "I know you don't want to move in with Aaron because you don't want to leave me and I totally get that--,"

"Diane--,"

"But come on, you guys are madly in love.....I don't want to be the person holding you back from moving in with him," she smiles. "Yvonne can always move in here if you guys are worried about being caught naked in the living room," she reminds me of the night I watched Bridgerton with Aaron......and we never got to finish it.