Chapter 16 || Why Do I Suddenly Feel So Jealous?

L I Z

"I'll call you before I get on the plane tomorrow," He says into the kiss. We're standing in front of my door and he's kissing me softly. Is he really going to miss me this much? I just really hope that this is not just a fling for him, that this means much to him the way it means to me. "Can I say hi to Kiara before I go?," He asks as he pulls away slowly, our fingers laced together.

"Sure, come in," I say as I ring the bell to let Diane know I'm home. In a spilt second, Diane gets the door and a weird look covers her face.

"Kim is here, with her luggage and stuff," she says and my heart nearly jumps out of my chest. Kim is a Hollywood Actress, she makes a shit ton of money, what is she doing here with her luggage if she can literally live anywhere in the world? "Oh, hey Captain West, sorry didn't see you there, got any balls I need to burst?," She jokes and Aaron chuckles.

"Yeah I do, blue balls to be specific," Diane's eyes widen at me. Aaron kisses my neck and Diane shoots me a playful glare. "I'll go say hi to Kiara," Aaron says as we both enter the house. I want to ask him how he knows where she is, but then I remember that he babysitted me and he spent a lot of time—— which resulted in kissing and denying and backseat orgasm....so yeah.

Aaron, Diane and I walk into the small living room. Kimberly gasps at the sight of Aaron—— who just shrugs and walks away, to my room I guess. This is going to be awkward. Super awkward. She smiles shyly and Diane leaves us, muttering a silent "yell for me if you need me."

And let the awkward conversation begin.

"Firstly before you hate me please know that I've always loved you and will always love you and I don't think you're a mistake," I want to say something but she continues, "and I'm sorry I didn't say anything, and I'm here to tell you that I'm putting my acting career on hold just to be a sister to you for this whole year," she stops and my heart does the same. This conversation is supposed to be awkward..... but now I don't really know..........

Putting her acting career on hold? For me? Why? She shouldn't have to do that.....

"I know that I've never been there for you like a bug sister should and I'm here to make up for it," she half smiles. I'm still trying to process the weight of the information she just dumped. So I fall to the couch, and bury my face in my hands.

"Why do they do it?," I ask, more to myself than her, but she hears me anyway. "Make me feel like junk, why?," My voice is a whisper. She's silent for a couple of minutes, but then she walks to the couch, sits next to me and wraps and arm around me.

"You're not a mistake Liz, you're my sister," she says softly and I just remember how much I miss her.

"I wish it felt that way last dinner," I state and she freezes.

"Liz....," She trails off as Aaron approaches the room, his hands running down his chin. He's exactly who I need right now. "It's okay if you don't want to talk to me now, I'm in a hotel just across the street, I can come over tomorrow," she rises to her feet, her dark straight hair falling to her face as she grabs her luggage and walks away from me. The door thuds and my stomach churns. I want to cry, but I don't want Aaron to see me cry.... not again. I get the feeling that he's going to think I'm weak. And I don't want that. Even though sometimes it feels true.

"Come to your room," he says and then he disappears to my room. Diane appears from the kitchen, she hugs me for a few minutes, then she makes me promise to explain to her why I gave "Captain West" blue balls. Apparently she's gotten used to calling him that, and he seems okay with it.

When I arrive my room, Aaron is seated on the bed, facing the windows just above it. He doesn't notice me, probably because he's carried away by the view of the moon. Kiara is asleep, but I hope we don't do anything to wake her up—— even though I badly want to. The moment I climb the bed, Aaron turns to face me, and I'm unable to decipher the look in his eyes. Then he cups my cheeks, his eyes locked on mine.