Chapter 5 || Officially Ignored

A A R O N

"You alright?,"

"I....um...I ...um....you know what?," Her cheeks are a deep shade of red. "Thank you for everything, I um....I have to go, your hoodie is on the bed.... thanks" she bites her blush pink lip as she stutters. Next thing I know, she's gone.

More than half of the Seattle female population have seen me naked. And they liked it. Liked is not the word, they enjoyed it. What's the deal with her?

Sighing, I step out of the shower and head to the living room with a towel wrapped around my waist. I notice a sliver charm bracelet on my bed, then it hits me, Elizabeth must have forgotten it here when she was fidgeting and stuttering.

Then I call my Cook, telling her to whip something up for me before I get back. Throwing on jeans and a t-shirt, I head downstairs to the bus to meet the guys.

As usual, everyone's having a hangover.

Everyone except Terence. I don't blame him though. He's going to be married in two weeks and his fiancee is the jealous type. I can't forget the look on her face last night when Diane–that's her name right?, She hugged Terence–childhood friends stuff. I could smell the jealousy on her face, and sometimes I wonder how Terence puts up with it. Love. That's what he called it when Alex asked him.

"You don't smell like sex," Nick sniffs my jacket.

"That's because I didn't get laid," I snap and he lets go.

"You went up with that Summers girl," Hudson butts in. "What was her name again? Liz, yeah, Liz,"

"She was telling private stories, I had to do something," I explain. I have no idea why I'm explaining shit.

"She wasn't just telling private stories, she was wearing the motherfucking hoodie," Another guy says. "But I really wanted to hear the part about her first sex," he jokes and Hudson makes agreeing sounds.

The rest of the drive to practice goes on without me saying a word. I don't want to talk about Elizabeth....to anyone. I just want to have those moments in my head. For me...alone. She wasn't quiet last night, I guess she's more of a sleeptalker, and it's cute. Could I sleep? Hell no. I spent the night watching her stir and talk in her sleep, even though I couldn't make out the words she said.

Drunk Elizabeth is challenging and fierce. Makes me wonder what normal Elizabeth is like. I bet she's having a hell of a hangover, and I hope she took the meds I left on the nightstand.

"You do know she's Summers' sister right?," Coach asks. I've been sitting in his office hearing him explain the whole sportsmanship and "be your brother's keeper" shit.

"Yeah,"

"So why fuck her?,"

"I didn't,"

"Given your bunny history, I find that very hard to believe," he folds his arms. And there he goes with the bunny shit.

"Look Coach, she was drunk and saying a whole lot of shit, so I saved her ass, gave her a bed to sleep, and she went home this morning," I pause. "That's all there is to it," I continue. "This may not look like it to you, but I take my Captain duties very seriously, even though I'm shit at the whole advice thing,"

"Alright then, let me believe you," he jokes. "let's hit the ice, just because we won our first game doesn't mean we should just relax, we have to up our game, our next game is going to be hot," he claps his hands as we both exit the office.

I'm following behind him when two guys approach me. Summers and Jefferson. Great way to start the day. Just what are they doing here anyway? I remember they way Summers looked at me on the ice, it was murderous, almost intimidating. But I don't get why he's here. Is it because I caught his Sister's kiss, or because I scored a goal and he watched it happen?