Chapter 38 || Stanley Cup

A A R O N

"I think Simon's.....well, still deciding on him," I say, more to myself than her, but she hears me anyway. "I also think Lady Whistledown has some crazy guts,"

"You kept track of their names, for a guy....I'm impressed," She beams at me.

"You're crazy," I squeeze my arms around her, tighter than before and she giggles.

"What do you have planned for this summer?" I ask her and her face twists in wonder.

"Work, you, Kiara, Diane......that's it," she smiles.

"I have a vacation planned, you, me, the guys, and anyone of your friends," I tell her and she smiles, "that's if you'll be able to delegate your business to someone you can trust,"

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"I bought a huge beach house in Canada, my new agent and Mrs. Kelly did a ton of work on the place too.....I can't wait for you to see it," I tell her. "Oh, and I bought a private jet," I smirk and she stiffens.

"You bought a fucking jet?!" She practically squeals.

"Yeah, so that you can see the world," I beam at her and she pokes me in the chest with her finger.

"You're awfully romantic," she teases.

"LiAne, how much have you made this week,"

"A profit of fourteen thousand dollars," she smiles to herself.

"Fourteen thousand dollars? Damn, my baby's killing it," I pause as she lets out a giggle, "I'm so proud of you, baby,"

"I'm proud of me too,"

"You should be,"

"I have to put my new office in order," she sighs, referring to the building I bought her.

"I'll make some calls," I tell her.

"I can--,"

"Your Boyfriend is Seattle's NHL Team Captain, who also happens to be the highest paid player in the league....sue me, I'll still make those calls, all you have to do is stand around and give others,"

"Alright, you win, make those calls," she smiles as she hops off me and heads to the kitchen.

Minutes later, Mrs. Kelly let's Nick into the house and the moment he sees me, he smiles.
"You look..... alive," he jokes.

"If that was your attempt at a joke....that's really bad," I tease.

"We just got back and I decided to check on you, everyone's worried," he sits on the couch directly opposite mine. "You have to talk to the team, there's no escaping it," he sighs.

"I don't know if I can do it, I failed you guys,"

"You didn't, accidents happen and you're going to be on the ice next season,"

"You're starting to sound like Liz,"

"She keeps your crazy ass together,"

"Damn right she does," I hear giggling from the kitchen. Liz and Mrs. Kelly.

"Where are your crutches?" His eyes scan the living room.

"Liz is teaching me how to walk without them, and the doctor says I'm recovering speedily,"

"She loves you so much," he teases and I let out a laugh.

"I love her too," I pause, "I don't remember the last time you got laid," I raise a brow at him and he tenses.