Chapter 35 || Together, A Broken But Beautiful Mess

A A R O N

She lets me kiss her soft sweet lips.

She takes the damn top off and I get a perfect view of her blue lace bra. My back and legs hurts, but it's fucking worth it. I trail wet kisses on her sexy butterfly tattoos and she moans, gripping my hair.

When I begged Nick to drive me here, I honestly expected her to throw me out the moment she saw me.

"Aaron....I....this....wasn't supposed to go this way," she releases herself from my grip. Shit. I try to pull her closer but my arms begin to hurt and she falls to the ground.... landing on her ass.

"Baby——," I start but she interrupts.

"Why did you make me leave?" She whimpers.
"I thought we had something—— I thought we——,"

"We had something—— fuck, we have something.....we still do," I run my good hand all over my hair and she bites her lip. "I—— I wasn't thinking," I say honestly. "I've got a lot to lose here, my career, everything I've worked so hard for just goes out the window——,"

"You're not going to lose anything, you're going to recover from this, get back on your feet and rule the next season," she states.
"I know you really wanted this season, I know," she's closer to me now, examining my fucked up face with her fingers.

"I've failed everyone, you, Nick, the team, Coach, my uncle, Nick's parents——,"

"You haven't failed anyone, Baby," she purrs, "You had an accident, and I believe it's called an accident because no one saw it coming, this isn't your fault," she's kneeling in between my legs, cradling my face with her soft hands.

"When I was hit, the first thing I thought about was getting to you," I gulp, "I was able to find you eyes in the arena before I blacked out—— you were frozen," her eyelids flutter so I continue, "then when I was being wheeled into the hospital, I heard your screams, you badly wanted to see me,—— and all I could think about was the possibility of not having to see your face again, to hear your laugh, to watch you see the world,."

"Aaron——,"

"Then you walk into the room and I say shit to you, and tell you to leave—— it was the first time I couldn't look at you, the first fucking time,"

"Why couldn't you?"

"Because I knew I'd cave and need you to kiss me, because I knew I couldn't resist your eyes, your lips, just you........ fucking torture," I cradle her face in my free hand, "I never stopped loving you, don't you ever think that I did that because I stopped loving you or because it was your brother that pioneered the hit, I didn't think about that.....I swear," My view becomes hazy with tears and I blink them away, only to feel them on my cheeks, and she wipes them away with her fingers.

"Hey," she coos.

"I love you so much, Elizabeth.....and I would never stop loving you," I kiss her lips softly, "Ever,"
"I don't expect you to forgive me immediately," I continue, "I know I messed this up,"

"I just found out that my birth mother was my father's mistress—— more like side chick," Fuck. "I don't know how to feel about that," tears roll down her cheeks. "Shit, I'm crying again," she dabs at her eyes, "Jason told me,"

"Elizabeth," I stare into her cobalt eyes, "You can cry, it's just me, I'd never judge you or call you weak like they do, you know that,"

"I do," she gulps and then more tears. "I know,"
"I just.....I've never felt this fucked up in my entire life," she sniffles, attempting a weak laugh.