Chapter 3 || Sexist Professors, Asshole Ex, Haters and Not-so Bad Days

L I Z

"Princess," someone called as I stepped into the kitchen with Kiara and my small luggage. I've got loads of stuff at me and Diane's. My eyes meet who called me, Richie, Jason's teammate and most disgusting friend.

"Hi Richie," I say, making myself a cup of coffee. I set Kiara on the kitchen table and she purrs. She's hungry too, I'll feed her when I get to a place without perverts. That's exactly what Richie is, a pervert. His mouth, his hands ..oh God, so disgusting.

"How are you doing today beautiful," he asks, a smug grin spread across his face. I don't answer, instead I carry Kiara in my arms and head for the living room to drink my coffee in peace.

"That's very rude Princess," he mocks as Jason steps into the living room. I expect him to say something to his annoying asshole of a friend, but he doesn't, he just sits there, acting like I'm invisible.

And the big brother of the year award goes to...... Jason Walter Summers!

"She's not your type Richie, drop it!," I hear Kim in the kitchen. I love her.

"Stop talking to my friend like that!," Jason snaps as she enters the living room. She sits next to me, attempting to cuddle Kiara but she purrs and wraps her hands around my elbow. She loves me.

"You friend that's harassing your sister," she pauses. "Wow! And here I thought you were being overprotective of her, you're just an asshole,"

I finish my coffee and head to the kitchen to dispose of my cup. Richie is still standing there, his eyes raking all over my body. Gosh, I feel uncomfortable.

Ignoring his awkward gaze, I head for the living room, hanging my bag and taking Kiara in my arms.

"I'll come visit," Kim hugs the both of us before we enter my car. The Luxurious SUV.

I spot my Dad in the corner of the garage, fixing his car engines. My Dad is most hardworking person I have ever known. I wonder why Jason didn't turn out like him. "You going back to your house?," He smiles at me as our eyes meet. My Dad used to play hockey, but according to Mom, he retired early because he had an accident. He coached a team for a couple of years, before he finally settled here to spend time with his family.

Jason would be going back to New York today for practice and team stuff. You don't know how excited I am.

"Yup, I'll text you when I get there," I tell him and he shoots me his best "I love you Baby" smile.

—————————————————

Diane and I live a mile away from campus. City University of Seattle is a huge campus. A huge campus with uncomfortable bathrooms. I'm not even going to get started on that.

We live in a two bedroom flat, with a huge driveway in front. I pull into the driveway. Diane must have heard my car because she's already running out the door, pulling me out of the car and into a hug. Kiara purrs. She's jealous.

Diane and I met in freshman year. Apparently I was just dumped and I found myself at a frat party, drunk. I don't want to talk about all the offensive words Jason used on me after that incident. Those frat boys were going to take advantage of me but luckily, Diane was there. She jabbed one of the guys in the dick, and the other guys took off, leaving their friend. I remember when we sat together and I told her what happened, she said something that made me feel so much better, I was drunk as hell, but I remember everything she said.

"You weren't dumped, the relationship ended, and it wasn't your fault. He lost something really precious, and you no longer have a toxic and fucked up asshole in your life....you won, not him,"