Chapter 34 || Can I Kiss You?

L I Z

I texted him three nights ago, and he replied in a matter of seconds.

AARON: fucking empty without u

We've been chatting since then, but I haven't gone to his house.....yet. I honestly don't think I can. I honestly think he needs his space for a while. It was my stupid brother—— now half brother that did that to him.

For the past one week, I've been watching ESPN and every time I do, I really hope Aaron isn't watching. They are fucking analyising the hit, some even say that he won't be able to play. Some people are sad, and there are even rumors that he broke up with me.

I honestly don't think he did. I think he was thinking through the pain and he just needed a moment. That doesn't change the fact that I am hurt and broken over us, that doesn't change the fact that I wish he let me stay with him.

I'm standing in front of the building he bought for me, and after walking around it with Brittany, and two teenage boys—— one of which is Brittany's brother....well, you can guess what's happening now.

"It's fucking huge," Justin—— I figured out his name when I heard them talking—— says as I glance at the key in my hand.

"I can't believe I get to spend my Saturday here," Brittany's brother, Tyler complains, "I fucking had plans, B," he looks to his sister, who shoots him a death glare and shifts her gaze back to me.

I have to meet my fucking-tastic father today. And today is the day I get to give him a piece of my mind. I'm not going to cry, not one bit.

"You're not going to open it?" Brittany asks. I called her earlier this morning and told her I needed help. I really don't want the little issue between Aaron and I to affect Diane and Yvonne—— and boom, she showed up with two teenagers, claiming they offered to help.

"I don't know," I sigh, my eyes focused on the keys.

"For what it's worth," she starts as the boys wander around the place, "I'm not dating Cameron, hell I didn't even know that he dated you in freshman year until Jodie asked around," she says, referring to one of her friends, who I've met.

"So, why did you pull that stunt?" I find myself asking.

"It's complicated," she bites her lips, "you won't understand," she pauses, "and if I start explaining to you, I'd probably sound like the most foolish person on the planet,"

"So if Cameron's not your boyfriend......,"

"Devin, Devin he plays hockey on campus," her eyes screw shut.

"Alright, alright, I'm not going to ask anymore," I assure her.

"It's complicated, okay?" She continues and I biter a smile.

"I said I wasn't going to ask," I giggle and she joins me. Feels good to laugh in a while.

"I hate you," she teases.

I finally muster the courage to open the door to the main building, and my jaw drops in awe. Aaron didn't just buy me a property, he bought me supplies and decorations for the building.

"Woah!" I turn to see Brittany gawking at a purple hard cover book.

"What's that?" I ask, walking closer to her and grabbing the book.

"It's a list of phone numbers for potential employees," she practically squeals.

I want to cry.

I take one glance at the unpacked seats, supplies, signs. If he thinks this is his way of paying me off, he's kidding, and I'm going to his place tonight. I get that he's sick, but—— darn it, Liz. Darn it.