Chapter 28 || Officially Together

A A R O N

"Fuck you!" Hudson yells at Nick, who only throws his head back, falls on the ice and laughs, tossing his hockey stick around both hands. Now their both laughing, while they're supposed to be practicing. Our first game in the playoffs is tomorrow night, and I'm confident...... we've got this. And yes, I have a press conference scheduled for tonight.

It's been four days and Liz and I haven't seen each other. I know she needs a while to figure things out, but I miss her terribly. Nick says to give her more time to process all the shit going on in the media and I totally agree with him. We've texted a few times, where she assures me that she's doing totally fine and I don't have to worry. But still——

"Hey, you spaced out," Terence sits on the bench next to me.

"Sorry, just thinking," I sigh, watching Hudson while he tests Nick's defense skills.

"Liz?" He asks and all I do is nod while he looks away. "Well, good thing you don't have to space out anymore," I can practically hear him smirking as my eyes meet where his gaze is.

Liz.

She's sitting in the stands, busy on her phone as Sam, Yvonne and Diane approach her. Sam? I have a lot of asking to do. She's dressed in—— my lucky hoodie and a pair of ripped black jeans. Her dark hair falls around her face and shoulders as Diane says something that makes them all burst into uncontrollable laughter. She came, she came to see me. Naughty thoughts cloud my mind. The Alpha male in me can't wait to see where today would end.

Hudson and Nick approach us, both their eyes meet the girls in the stands. "Go on," Nick says as I drop my hockey stick, unfasten my skates and heading towards Liz in a heartbeat.

It's almost like she senses me coming, because her gaze shifts from her phone to me—— and then, then she smiles. My heart leaps. I've missed that smile of hers so much. Four days seem like four years. The girls leave her as I get closer.

She doesn't wait for me to reach her. No. She gets out of her seat, running towards me and throwing  her warm arms around me. When she pulls away, I badly want to kiss her, but I don't know if we're there yet, so I just give her a quick kiss on her forehead. Far behind me, I hear Coach's thunderous tone and the answering laughter of my teammates as I lead her out of the stands.

When were finally away from everyone, it hits me that I haven't taken her to an actual date, and I suddenly feel guilty—— because I should have done that a long time ago. Better late than never.

"You're not talking," she says as we make our way towards my car. I hadn't realized I was so quiet.

"Um......yeah, sorry," I've never felt this nervous in my entire life, ever. Getting the door for her, we share a quick glance as I slump into the driver's seat. I still haven't said anything yet. Maybe I should. So I just blurt out what I'd said to her the last time I saw her.

"I love you," I say to her and her eyelids flutter shut. For a moment I think she's going to jump out of my car but instead, she leaves her seat and gets on me, kissing me softly with those wet, sweet lips of hers. My dick gets hard instantly as I wrap my hands around her waist, creating the friction I've been missing since that night. When we pull away from each other, she glances at the backseat for a second and then turns to me. Yeah, we've got memories in this car, especially the backseat.

"I love you too," she whispers and a grin breaks across my face. I've never felt this way before, ever. Is this new to me? Yes. Is it scary? Yes. "But we need to figure this out, and the social media, the rumors," she sighs and I nod, totally agreeing with her.

"First I have to tell you everything about me, everything.....I won't leave a single thing out," I say, about to share the most devastating parts of my life with her. She nods in understanding, as I begin.