[ Zenitsu/Tanjiro ]

CONTAINS:
- fluff
- mutual pining
- mlm
- spoilers for episode 17-25 of Demon Slayer
————————————-

Sheets were folded delicately and replaced with fresh ones, mattress corners ever stubborn.

"Thank you," Tanjiro hums, comfortably laying against the new bedding provided.

The three boys have been staying at Shinobu's estate for almost a week, slowly reclaiming their strength after the long battle with Rui and his 'family' of demons.

The short women assisting the injured males left the now clean room, the space devoid of sound.

"Hey, Tanjiro?" The blond tiredly turned to his friend, stubby arms rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" A smile gleamed across the redhead's features, leaned on his side to visibly speak to the other.

"Are you feeling any better?" He sighed, faintly brushing his fingers through thick, yellow hair

"Hm? Yes, I think so. I hope we can get out of here as soon as possible, I need to improve my breathing techniques, and that might be a little hard if I'm still this weak,"

Always thinking of your job, huh, Tanjiro? You dedicated bastard- Pulled from his thoughts, the over-eccentric blond realises his coworker is waiting for an answer.

"Well you should start building up your capacity or something- go bathe yourself while holding your breath," Still groggy, he suggested something small to keep the only other person awake out of the room for as long as possible.

"Ah! That's actually a great idea! Thanks Zenitsu, I'll go do that now!" The reddish-haired boy bolted upright in his bed, slipped off of his new sheets and scuttled down the hall.

"Ahhhh peace at last," The blond un-tensed, relaxing his back into the blankets while he enjoyed the silence.

—————————-

Now he was bored.

Zenitsu never thought of himself as one who got bored easily, he'd always found some way of entertainment in his eventful life. But, of course, that was up until that moment.

Scanning across the room, he tried to find a close enough distraction for the painfully long wait until his only talkative company returns.

"Bingo!" He whispers, climbing out of bed and across the wooden floor.

The item in question was Tanjiro's haori, folded neatly on the chair next to his bed.

Grabbing the checkered cloth, the blond finally appreciated the texture of the garment, the stitching slightly worn but still soft.

"Hmm... I've always liked his better..." He muttered into the fabric, inspecting the fine details closely before pushing his arms through the sleeves.

It was so nice.

The garment itself wasn't anything spectacular. Zenitsu had his own tailored haori that he wore for his demon slayer duties as well, this kind of cloth was nothing new- but it smelled like wisteria, ash and Tanjiro himself.

Whatever weight he once had was lifted off his shoulders as soon as the fabric hit his skin. It was just so comfortable and soothing.

The sleeves were too big for his arms -still affected by that spider's venom- but he didn't mind. It felt nice having the material fall off of him, enveloping him tightly at his shoulders while being loosely fit everywhere else.

"It feels just like a hug..." He muttered, wrapping himself into a ball while he grew wearily tired.

—————————

Tanjiro stepped gently across the wooden flooring, taking caution as not to disturb his gracious hosts or possibly sleeping friends.

Glancing back lazily to check if the blond was still awake once he was at the foot of his own bed, his eyes laid upon his haori, draped over his coworker's torso.

His startled expression slowly turns to one of adoration, happy to see his friend asleep for once and even happier knowing he may have been thinking of him as he did so.

Ignoring the bubbling feeling that rose in his chest while his cheeks glimmered with red, he walked back over to the sleeping boy to plant a soft kiss to his hair.

"Goodnight, Zenitsu," And with those final words mumbled into the quiet air, Tanjiro could've sworn he saw a faint blush rise against the blond's cheeks.