[ Inosuke/Zenitsu ]

INCLUDES:
- fluff
- everything is quiet
- Inosuke is calm
- Zenitsu is flustered
- they're watching the sky together
- hand holding
[ Art credit is in bottom right of the image ]
—————————————

The night sky was unsurprisingly calm, stars littered throughout, all so perfectly visible to the naked eye.

The teenager watching the stars, though, was only doing it to help him fall asleep.

"I-Inosuke?" A voice called out from behind him.

The younger of the two turned and was met with his blond coworker, eyes near-lifeless.

The blue-haired male in question said nothing, only patting the wood beside him to get the other to sit, of which he does.

Their previous mission was intense, filled with many grotesque demons and leaving the three who went injured. So there they stayed, at the Wisteria Inn, waiting for everything to heal.

"Why're you out here so late?" Honey-dipped eyes were so full of fear just moments ago, but now were coated in a softer feeling, concern tinged his words. "Sleeping is important, y'know,"

"'Had a weird dream, couldn't sleep after it," The other replied bluntly, turning his attention back to the perfect sky.

Zenitsu followed his gaze, though, and sat bewildered at the sight of the thousands upon thousands of stars.

"It's beautiful," He could only manage those two words before turning back and seeing his companion's green eyes painted with the sky's reflection.

The other turned back, too, feeling as if he was being watched and met an embarrassed look.

"S-sorry, the stars were in your eyes,"

Inosuke hummed at this, though, and turned his attention back up.

"You're beautiful," He finally sighed, turning to face the other as he did so, the other's golden eyes shining brighter with the new flush on his cheeks

He wasn't prepared for such an honest response.

Thinking only briefly on the return of his feelings, Zenitsu shuffled his hand over the others and intertwined their fingers as best as he could.

The wild boy's attention, though, was fixated back on the other. Taking in the silence, for once, was enjoyable. The blond's presence, for once, was radiating the same loving aura as his own.

The stars looks nice

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Suggestion by MaruMau7