[ whatever makes you happy ]

Guardians of the Galaxy vol.3 spoilers, you NEED to see that movie. NOW!!!!
[ INCLUDES]
- domestic fluff
- no real spoilers for the movie, but this story doesn't really make sense if you don't watch it
- Rocket-centric
- Drax is there for a minute, too
- no romance
- babies
- fatherhood
- KMR- kitten milk replacement, but more like raccoon milk replacement here
- "kits" are the term for baby raccoons :)
- grooming
(in the animal way, not the gross way)
—————————

Stepping out of the ship felt like pure bliss, the cold breeze of Knowhere calming Rocket from his journey instantly.

He waves everyone else on the ship goodbye and practically sprints his way to his house.

It had been a longer fight than most, he'd had to invent an entire new weapon to defeat the beasts on the planet he was on, and afterwards he was ready for a week-long nap.

He stands in the door frame for an uncomfortable amount of time, watching the floor with complete focus until he decides to step forward.

He drops onto all fours and smells around for a minute before finding exactly what he was looking for.

Two little racoon kits laying on his bed, snuggled up in a bunch of towels and crying in little chirps.

It takes him a minute to do anything but scan them carefully for any wounds or sores, and when he finds nothing he lets out a sigh of relief.

Drax is entrusted with caring for all of the children at headquarters, including the nursery of raccoons they acquired almost 2 months ago.

So, while he takes care of most of the babies, Rocket can't help his paternal instincts and keeps his two at home with the heating unit on.

He feels silly for getting so attached to these two in particular so quickly, especially when he has Drax feed and care for them whenever he's gone and could just leave them with him instead- but he feels a duty of care to the kits and gives them what he needed growing up.

He snaps back into it when he hears one of the babies sneeze, and he can't help but laugh a little at the noise.

"Bless you," He grabs one of the little towels on his bed and wipes one of their little faces before wrapping them in a softer fabric.

He keeps them in his arms and turns down the volume on what was previously Peter's 'Zune' music player before picking a good song.

Ever the Radiohead fan, he shuffles Pablo Honey and sways the kits to the music, rocking them gently while he heads out to the kitchen.

"When you were here before," He sings softly, barely whispering while he tries to find the KMR and prepares a bottle, "Couldn't look you in the eye..."

He boils some water with an unnamed device of his and places the bottles in gently, rocking the kits and continuing to sing.

"You're just like an angel," He brushes over their fur gently, their little eyes barely open, "Your skin makes me cry,"

He tests the bottles on his wrist and takes them out, just warm enough to start coaxing one of the babies into drinking.

"You float like a feather," The first kit finishes their bottle quickly and he moves to the other, "In a beautiful world... I wish I was special. You're so hmm-ing special,"