[ Tanjiro/Inosuke/Zenitsu ]

INCLUDES:
- fluff
- Modern setting
- Tanjiro is the fluff
- Inosuke is clueless
- Historians still say they were very close friends
- first kiss
- more InoTan than InoTanZen, sorry!

———————————————————————

Rain poured down from the clouds and drizzled over soft hair and cold uniforms.

"Who's idea was this again?" Tanjiro questioned plainly, running while he shielded himself with the coat over his head.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME!" Zenitsu screamed out, suddenly turning to his classmate beside him, also attempting to run out of the rain and under shelter.

"MONITSU YOU LIAR, YOU DARED ME TO DO IT!" Almost complaining, Inosuke screeches.

"Both of you, shut up!" The red-haired boy was sick of competing with his two companion's voices, especially then over the rain.

"Ugh, whatever. Let's just find somewhere close to rest, we've been running for way too long, I'm tired," The blond complains, lightly grabbing at Tanjiro's shirt as he attempts to keep up his pace.

"WHAT? I'm not tired, I don't need rest! I could run faster than both of you combined!" Taking it as a challenge, Inosuke speeds ahead, leaving the other two boys to catch up or stay separated

Groaning, Tanjiro quickly ran after his classmate, the blond followed soon after.

——————

Finally caught up with the wild teenager, both boys were met with their classmate hunched over his knees, rain still pouring against his back, face-to-face with a deer.

Slamming his hand over the blond's mouth, the red-haired boy mouthed to stay quiet as they watched the scene play out from afar.

The bluenette ruffled behind the animal's ears for a moment before scratching its chin.

The creature looked pleased with the calming action, suddenly trotting back into the surely soaking wet forest.

As he turned around to see where his companions were, Inosuke was suddenly met, noses brushing, with Tanjiro excitedly ranting about how cute the display was.

Completely flushed (both from embarrassment and proximity infiltration), the usually masked boy walked off without them once again, at a much slower pace.

——————————

"You were adorable, Inosuke! You shouldn't be embarrassed, I had no idea you could be so gentle!" The red-haired boy was still going on about the situation when his classmate had finally had enough of it.

Pushing his friend's back into a tree, the wild boy growled into his face.

"I'm not gentle. I'm not cute. I don't even know what adorable means, but I'm not that either. Just shut up so we can get out of this damn rain,"

Tanjiro was in one hell of a helpless position, his cheeks slowly tinting darker as he finally glances over his classmate's features.

The usually unnecessarily loud teenager had pink dusting his cheeks and ears, eyebrows knitted together in confusion from the stare he was receiving.