Pain

844
Siganshina District

Pain. That is what I feel in my whole life. My family throw me away. There is no one who want to be my friend. I don't have anyone to rely on. I'm all alone in this cruel world. But that what make me strong. I need to steal food from market to keep living. I kill a lot of people although I just ten years old. I fight for what I think is right. Because that is how I live.

Shopkeeper: Thief!!

I run as fast as I could from the shopkeeper as he is chasing me. There is Garrison soldier who try to stop me. I take out my knife and stab them in the legs. I then continue to run. I'm tired of killing. Even if I kill them, they will send more people to search for me. As I'm running, suddenly I stumble on a black haired girl wearing red scarf. She is with two boys. One with brown hair and have green eyes while the other one have blond hair.

Brown Hair Boy: Mikasa! Are you alright?

He ask while trying to help the girl to get up.

Mikasa: Yeah, I'm alright.

The girl that I assume is Mikasa then look at me. She then look at the shopkeeper who is still searching for me.

Me*thought*: Looks like I will get caught this time.

I start to stand and start to walk to the shopkeeper, but suddenly someone take my hand. I look behind me and see Mikasa is holding my hand. She then pull me to come close to her and her friend.

Me: What the--

She then hide me behind her. When the shopkeeper walk in front of them, they didn't tell anything about me. When shopkeeper is far from us, they turn their body facing me.

Brown Hair Boy: Phew, that was close.

Blond Hair Boy: That's right.

Me: I don't know you guys but why did you guys help me?

Brown Hair Boy: I'm Eren. That girl over there is my sister, Mikasa. This boy is Armin.

Mikasa come close to me and help me to get up.

Me: I'm (Y/N). You guys still not answer my question. Why did you guys help me?

Armin: Actually, me and Eren didn't plan to help you, but Mikasa suddenly pull you to us. So, you need to ask her about that.

All of us then look at Mikasa.

Mikasa: I just feel that I need to help you. That is why I pull you to us.

Eren: You're weird, Mikasa. You can't just help stranger just like that. What if the person that you help is a bad guy?

Mikasa: But (Y/N) is not bad guy, right?

Me: You can't call me good guy either. I steal and kill people.

Mikasa: But you do that to keep living, right? If you don't do all of that, you can't stay alive.

Me: Mikasa, you're right. But that is still a crime. I'm not a bad guy or a good guy. I am just the guy who don't have purpose of life. My family throw me away. I don't have any friend.

Eren: (Y/N), everyone that live in this world have purpose of life. You'll realize it someday. And don't said that you don't have any friend because now, you're our friend.

He said while patting my shoulder.

Armin: Where do you live?

Me: Since I don't have family, I'm homeless.