𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2

☀️ -- prepare for a whole lot of fantasy music this book --🌙

• • •

I looked over the balcony, watching all of the guards drink, fight, and goof around. It always looked so fun. I was almost envious of them. I felt so sheltered by all good things.

"Princess, is everything alright?"

I looked back to see my maid awaiting me at the door. "Gloria, how many times have I told you it is completely okay to call me by my birth name."

She sighed and nodded, "My apologies."

I shook my head, smiling, "Must be fun right?"

"Pardon?"

I reached my hand out for her and she took it, looking over the balcony with me.

"They look a mess," she said plainly.

"Better a mess than this," I gestured at my dress.

"But you look lovely."

I rolled my eyes, "Not even close. Come on, we're going down to see it first-hand."

"We're? But princ-"

"It's Lessi!"

• • •

"I don't believe this is such a good idea," Gloria whispered.

"Oh hush," I smirked and peeked over the wall, looking into the grand hall.

I watched as my brother was sitting on a platform, telling a story, with a crowd full of women willingly listening.

He caught me hiding and I gave him a signal.

"Oh! Umm and afterwards I took the sword and left the man to sit on his knees to stare at his worst nightmare, which of course, was me haha yeah," he started exaggerating and tilted his head towards the door.

I grabbed Gloria's wrist and quietly made a run for it.

When I had made it out, the two royal guards on either side of the doors quickly stopped me from going further.

"You have a meeting with the royal highnesses soon, my princess."

I clenched my fists into my dress, about to give them a piece of my mind.

"We are very sorry," Gloria nodded at the men, "We'll be going. Isn't that right pri-"

I hurried and ducked between the men, making a run for it.

"Princess! This is reckless!" Gloria called out.

The men were about to take the swords out of their cases.

She sighed and stopped the men from attempting to chase after me. "I will retrieve her."

I had run so far before stopping beside a tree, laying my eyes on the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

Gloria caught up to me, putting a hand to her stomach as she bent over a little to catch her breath, "That was too close of a call princess."

I didn't answer.

"Princess?" she rose up and followed my eyes to see I was looking out at the field of daises being accompanied by fireflies.

"I want to catch one," I said, hearing a stampede of horses.

Gloria blinked and looked back, "Princess, we must leave." She grabbed my arm and I jerked it away from her grasp and walked into the bed of flowers.

"Aren't they wonderful?" I exclaimed and sat, spreading my dress out from around me.