𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 40

"Pick it up, niece!"

I tried to keep my knees high as I ran to the line at the end of the track, but my waist was pinching at itself in ways I couldn't describe.

To put it plainly: I wanted to die.

The other knights passed me up and were already starting to turn back, but I was still on my first round.

Adonis could have beat them all, but he decided to go at my pace, as did Lionis to my surprise, most likely to stay with him.

That dream I had last night felt so real...

My uncle roared over to us all again, "Sir Adonis and Lionis! If you wish to not run thirty more laps, I suggest you stop pitying the girl and pick your feet up!"

"Go," I whispered to them, feeling my eyelids get heavier.

Adonis shook his head.

"Please," I said, about to throw up.

He hesitated, but went on without me, and Lionis sprinted behind him.

I immediately sank to my knees, holding my waist with my arm.

"Get up!" my uncle yelled, "What if your enemy was right behind you?!"

Guess I'll be damned, I thought.

I suddenly felt myself leak.

"No..." I whispered, "not now..."

"Get up this instant!"

I cried and folded over, "Stop yelling at me!"

He stormed over to me, "You expect to be babied? You are a fighter!"

"And a woman," I hissed.

He almost said something else, but stopped when I rose up to look at him with heavy lidded eyes.

"Bloody cunt season, is it?"

I rolled my eyes, about to barf again, "Wish you would stop calling it that."

He sighed, "Up. Come on."

I slowly stood and Adonis ran over to me, panicking.

"Leave us, Adonis. She will be fine," my uncle murmured, before picking me up.

I nodded at Adonis shakily and suddenly the hot sun matched with the severe cramping knocked the life out of me.

● ● ●

I woke up and started heaving.

"In the bucket," I heard my uncle say.

I saw I was in a bed. The red sheets and comforter immediately let me know that I was in his tent.

I had also been changed. Guess I leaked through.

"Why are you the only one allowed to have a bed?" I complained.

"Because I am captain."

I almost counteracted, but rolled over immediately to puke into the bucket.

He sighed and walked over to me, wiping my mouth with a rag, "You women and your bloody cunts."

"Quit calling it that," I whined breathlessly.

He laid my head back down and I covered my face with the cover. It smelled like cinnamon and I began to crave everything in my imagination.

I watched him light a candle and he pulled the covers off of me. "Lay on your stomach."