𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 23

I woke up to see Adonis wrapped in my arms.

"Oh, Adonis..." I whispered and kissed his head.

He couldn't sleep without my help anymore.

It was the day of my mother's funeral, and I wasn't ready.

I slowly moved my arms from around him and he tensed, scooting closer.

"I'm still here..." I smiled and ran my fingers through his dark strands.

He got comfortable again, and I carefully left the bed, making sure to not wake him.

I grabbed the compass and saw the arrow moving to the man behind me in bed.

I looked over to Adonis, confused, then shrugged and placed the trinket back down.

Gloria came in silently. She didn't bother to question the both of us this time surprisingly.

"Princess," she bowed.

"Gloria," I said plainly.

"Forgive me," she began to shake, "and I'm so sorry about your mother's death."

My mother was like a mother to Gloria as well. She practically raised her into the woman she was now. There was no denying the fact that she picked up some habits from her.

After her father's death in war, she didn't have much. Just me, Uvin, and this forsaken castle.

"It's alright Gloria."

She blinked and rose her head.

"Help me dress?" I smiled.

• • •

"Would a tiara be fit for this occasion, princess?"

"She'd want me to wear one, I'm sure of it."

I saw her stiffen in the mirror, "Princess, about me and your un-"

"Please do not talk about it," I said quickly, "just letting you know I will never call you aunt if he places a ring around your finger."

Her eyes narrowed in sadness, "No worries there. I am just his bed tool. Nothing more."

I almost said something empathetic, but then she started laughing, "But my, my, my...he never fails to send shivers down my spine. He's so good in bed and gentle afterwards, especially after using the whips and kni-"

Knives?!

"Ew Gloria! Shut up! Do you know how old he is???"

"Oh hush up. It is only twenty years. You know I love older men," she said, starting to smile way too brightly. I had never seen her so giddy.

Adonis rose up from bed and looked side to side, starting to panic.

I giggled, "Over here."

He looked over at me and blushed, signing, 'Goodmorning.'

I nodded, and we both just stared at each other for a while.

He signed something he hadn't taught me yet.

Why didn't I understand..?

• • •