𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10

"Might as well," Uvin sighed.

I blinked at his unexpected answer, "What?"

He stood and went over to kneel at my feet, "Take me wherever you go. I won't leave a friend to journey alone."

"Vinny..."

My brother sat up from the grass, "Agh! Well I'll be bored in this castle alone. I'll come along too."

"You all will really follow me?"

I looked towards Adonis to see he nodded.

"Dimwits," I cried, clenching the compass between my hands.

Uvin stood and hugged me, "You are a princess now, but you will be my queen someday. I will see though this adventure with you for as long as I live and breathe."

I cried harder, "Guys..."

"Group hug!" Enrian shouted and ran over to wrap his arms around the both of us.

Uvin's cheeks heated up, "O-off."

I laughed, looking over at Adonis. He looked like he wanted something.

I moved away from their embrace, "Adonis, want to join us?"

He looked at us three and shook his head.

"Then we'll go to you," Enrian smirked.

Adonis blinked and we all went over to tackle him with our hugs.

He just laid there in the grass, wondering what was happening.

He looked at my head on his chest. He was going to cry all over again.

After a while of cuddling we all sat in a circle.

"So what's the plan if things go false?" Enrian asked.

"Supplies first and foremost," Uvin answered, running his hand through his curls.

"Horses," I added.

Enrian nodded, "And food."

"I could try to sneak weapons from the armory," Uvin said.

I hummed and jotted down the items to the notebook.

Adonis tapped my shoulder and I looked at him, "Hm?"

He signed, 'Map.'

My eyes widened, "That's very important. Thank you, Adonis."

"How will we blend in with the knights? Our uncle will surely catch us both, sis," Enrian said suddenly.

"That's why I will speak with him."

Uvin's eyes widened, "And what if he says no like all those times before?"

I smirked, "Did you not recall earlier? We'll run away. We have our plan. I can forge my own army."

He shook his head in disbelief, "This kingdom will one day be ruled by you and all the children aren't going to believe a single story I tell to them about this."

"I'd be just fine as a myth, or any sign of hope," I giggled.

Uvin saw Gloria approach. "Oh crap. Everyone act normal!"

I hurried to close my book and Enrian was way too overdramatic to play casual.

"Heyyy what's up Gloryyyy?"

I slapped my head with my palm and Adonis took my hand off my head to feel it himself.

I blinked, "I-I'm fine Adonis, it was just a simple gesture."