𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 24

(trigger warnings...)

• • •

I shook in rage as I sat across from my father, watching him sip his disgusting wine.

"Why are you letting them do this? He has fought for our land!" I wept.

He sat there, without a word, and my uncle stood against the wall behind him.

"Say something you monster!" I shouted.

Adon slammed his fist on his desk and I quickly caught my breath.

"If you don't understand. I'll show you," he spat.

"N-no!" I cried and he grabbed me by the arm, dragging me all the way to the dungeon.

I saw Adonis  standing on the platform as the executioner stripped him of his clothing. A small crowd was watching.

"He won't be much of a man after this," a man said from the audience, laughing outrageously.

A woman started to laugh quickly afterwards, "He's quite small between his legs for a big rapist!"

Rapist?!

"He didn't rape me," I whispered. My throat hurt so much that I couldn't scream.

A shoe hit Adonis's face and he didn't budge. Everyone started to laugh and my chest compressed.

All the insults...
All the throwing...

Why were they humiliating him like this?

Tears wouldn't stop rolling down my face as I started to shake, but Adonis remained still and emotionless.

Wasn't he afraid..?

My father let go of my arm, "This is what happens when you don't obey the rules, Lessi. I've told you."

I fell to my knees once more and held my heart as I watched the man aim the sword towards Adonis's manhood.

I couldn't take it, even if Adonis was accepting it. I ran towards the platform before my uncle and father could catch me.

I was tired of seeing him suffer.

The sword swung down and it didn't reach Adonis, it reached me. It hurt so badly.

The crowd gasped, and I stayed there, hugging Adonis by the waist as I sank to my knees.

The executioner immediately dropped his sword and blood ran down my back as my dress began to fall off my shoulders.

The silence that filled the room was death enough to me. All I could hear were my sobs.

"No more of this," I cried.

When nothing was said back, I yelled, "Everyone in this room should be ashamed!"

The executioner immediately left the stage, "Help! The princess is wounded!"

I started to feel dizzy and Adonis caught my falling figure.

Not a tear lingered in his eye. How could someone be so numb to the point they can't cry?

• • •

"Wake up," I heard my uncle say, "your own daughter is bleeding brother."

"She would have w-"

"Your wife is gone. This is not what she would have wanted!"

"I...you're right. I guess I can not rule alone."

"Always so clumsy," my uncle huffed, "That's why she should have chose me!"

"Watch it. I might be blind but I still have enough senses to shove my foot in your ass."