𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 20

(trigger warnings...)

• • •

Enrian wasn't here.

I hurried to the front doors of the castle and the guards stopped me from proceeding.

"Princess you are forbi-"

I shouted, "Let me out! Please! I'm begging!"

"What is your reason?"

"Does it matter?! I am your princess. Obey me."

"The kin-"

I started to shake as tears streamed down my face, "The king is asleep! Let me through!"

They saw the fury in my face and let me pass.

I hurried to the training grounds and saw Uvin about to leave on his horse.

He immediately hopped off when he saw me, "Princess are you alr-"

I ran into him and cried into his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me, "Is it your mother?"

I shook my head, "Enrian...he's not here."

"Princess, it is alright. He only went to the cherry blossom trail."

I backed away slowly, "No, no...Take me there."

"He wishes to be alone."

"That's exactly why you must take me! Please trust me."

He sighed and helped me onto his horse, "Very well."

After a while of travel, he tapped the horse with his foot and we both stopped at the trail.

Uvin hopped off and held his hands out for me.

I almost fell, not being able to focus, and he caught me.

"Princess?"

I stood on my two feet, placing a hand to my heart, "S-stay here Uvin."

He stayed put, and I walked around the small forest of cherry blossom trees.

I found Enrian staring at a noose tied around one of the branches. He was about to place his neck through the loop.

"En!" my voice cracked and I ran towards him.

He wouldn't look back, "Leave me alone sis."

I grabbed his arm and he pushed me to the ground, "I said leave me alone!"

His lip quivered and his head bled. Was he bashing it?

"En..." I cried, "Don't do this. I need you."

"No you don't!" he shouted.

Tears filled my eyes.

He was always so fragile inside. He never let anyone see it, and that's where he became his weakest.

Too much has been bottled within him, and he's reached the point to where not much can be held anymore. He's bursting, and it's overflowing into a darkness I wish I had never known.

I sobbed harder as every inch of happiness drained from his eyes, "Yes I do En!"

He pulled the rope towards him and all I wanted to do was take his place so he wouldn't be in so much despair.

I reached my hand out as I sat up on my knees and a woman's voice filled my head.

The one from my dream...

"The Huéno family will bring ruin amongst themselves. It is their destiny..."

I screamed and ran towards Enrian as he placed the rope around his neck, but I wasn't nearly fast enough to rescue him.