𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 33

"Head up at all times, remember?"

I nodded and looked over Iven's shoulder as he swayed across the polished dance floor with me.

"You've gotten better. Have you actually been practicing?"

"Not at all," I smiled.

He rose an eyebrow, "You've been awfully kind to me lately, and you seem much more happy as well..."

I sighed in glee, "Do I?"

He tipped me over before spinning me away from his torso. I twirled elegantly back into his embrace and he was searching all over my face with his honey eyes. "You told him, didn't you?"

"Did I?" I asked again, biting my lip as I began to giggle.

He shook his head and I looked up at him, "You were right. Love is bigger than words, and it's as extravagant as you said it'd be."

He smirked, "Pardon? I think my ears gave up."

I sighed, "You were right."

"One more time?"

I pushed him away from me, "Bye, you nutjob."

"You're welcome!" he called out when I was about to leave the ballroom.

☆ ☆ ☆

"Princess do you need help with anything?" a maid asked as I approached my room.

"No thank you," I said quickly, and another maid passed by to stop me in my tracks.

"Princess are you well?"

"I am fine," I responded, starting to get furious.

Another maid approached me, and I put a hand up to stop her immediately, walking into my room. I locked the door behind me and rolled my eyes, "Such a mess."

I saw Adonis on the floor, finishing his side of the scroll with blue paint.

I smiled and walked over, kneeling down to meet him, "You're really committed to this picture, aren't you?"

He nodded and took one of my hands to place on his head. He loved the feel of my fingers running through his hair.

I petted his head and he continued to paint. I decided not to analyze what he was creating, saving it as a surprise for myself when we both come back victorious.

Would his dream become the reality he was seeking? Would mine be quite similar to his?

I hoped so.

☆ ☆ ☆

The royal staff had gotten used to seeing me with Adonis so much that they weren't surprised anymore when I'd grab onto his hand out of nowhere.

Were they becoming afraid of me like they were of him?

His silence did speak quite a volume, and I had shown my potential through many incidents, but their fear in this case still wouldn't make much sense.

"P-princess," the messenger stuttered when he saw me walking towards the large doors, "Make sure you come back before evening."

"Will do," I smiled at him.

I walked into the sunflower garden with Adonis, taking off my heels to feel the earth beneath my bare feet.

I've come to find that those flowers were his favorite. The grass was getting too tall, but the pedals that grew here were the most vibrant I had ever seen.

"Ever danced before?" I asked him, letting go of his hand.

He shook his head.

"Just let yourself loose..." I hummed and demonstrated for him by wiggling my arms comically, "like this."