𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 15

"Sir Adonis is the greatest knight that we have. He's even surpassed Captain Oridan in skill set and strength."

"My own uncle?! How?"

"No one knows if it's true, but there's been rumors saying he's of sacred blood from a clan that no longer exists. He's the only one left of them."

"What's the name of it?"

"Akano...Ukunuza? Something like that."

"Akazano..." I whispered beneath my breath and stood up slowly.

So that dream was actually a vision..?

Uvin looked at the ground, "Yeah that. They say he's merciless and sly as a fox. He kills whoever he is ordered to. Doesn't matter who or how, the deed will get done."

My voice cracked, "What about women and children?"

"He's slaughtered a whole village full of them, I hear."

My heart sank and I clenched my fists in my dress, walking away. "My uncle made someone like him keep watch after me?!"

Uvin's eyes widened, "Princess wait!"

I couldn't blame a soldier for a deed they've done when they were only following orders to remain not a traitor.

I however, could stand for it, even if it meant standing alone.

The real problem lied within the leader. A great one can bring prosperity. A damaged one can bring despair.

And in this case, that leader so happened to be the most problematic man in my life. I knew not of who he truly was on the inside until today.

• • •

I kicked the door open to my uncle's office.

He wasn't even seated at his desk, he was pacing back and forth with his hands clasped behind him. His cape was flowing behind him with each fast stride.

"Uncle!"

He stopped and turned to look at me. Those eyes were as dark as night, but that glare he gave me was as vibrant as a newly lit flame. "What are you doing here? Get out."

"Just how many have you slaughtered trying to win all these wars?!"

"Excuse me?"

"You bear no shame," I cried as I looked at him, "To think I wanted to join you and your wretched knights. You only torture anyone and anything in your way."

Sure, kill an enemy, but innocent people?

"Lessi..."

I walked back to the door, "Do not speak my name. I'm no longer proud to call you my uncle."

He grabbed my wrist.

"Let go you demon!"

He locked the door behind me and let go, "Let us speak like civil people, niece."

I shook my head, "Nothing about you is civil."

"If you saw what I saw, you'd do the same."

"I would never hurt innocent people! You are a murderer!"

"It is not murder, it is war!"

"War is where you fight your enemies as a hero, bringing innocent people into this only makes you a madman!"

He sighed, rubbing his beard in annoyance, "I am always the villian in your eyes, aren't I? Your hatrid of me blinds your common knowledge."

I laughed in denial, "You've done things I cannot forgive."