𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 30

(slight warnings...)

• • •

"Never been in love so I wouldn't know."

I sighed at my brother's answer and saw Adonis had placed one of my fingers into his mouth.

Enrian sat up, "Eeeuhhh he nasty!"

"Ssshhh En," I hissed.

"My bad..." he whispered, before raising an eyebrow, "you must really love him if you're just gonna let him do that."

I couldn't argue as I watched Adonis gnaw on my thumb. Was this really what it meant to love?

"Did I hear the word love?"

I looked up to see the whole team had arrived, even my uncle had come along.

"Why are you here old man?" Enrian asked.

Oridan shrugged, "Your mother's last wishes."

He stiffened when he saw Adonis sucking on my thumb. "What in the name of-"

I placed a finger to my lips and he sighed, going over to the golf court to help erase the image out of his head instead.

Iven and Uvin came down to sit in the flowers with me. "Ahhh...young love," Iven whispered and placed a hand onto his chest, wiping an invisible tear from his cheek.

I rolled my eyes, "Do you even actually know what that is?"

He picked a daisy from the grass, "Well, for one, love doesn't have a definition. It's a feeling that only you would understand."

"Then how do I understand it?"

"You'll get it when you're ready to tell him," he said and trailed off when he saw the scar on Adonis's neck, treasuring his muteness. "Just know...it is much bigger than words."

It is...?

Of course it is.

Enrian leaned back on his hands, "It's alright if you don't get it sis. Heard love can be a pain sometimes."

"Oh please, love is extravagantly beautiful," Iven hummed before elbowing Uvin, "How about you pretty boy? Ever been in love?"

Uvin turned red and nodded.

Iven gasped, interested, "What's she like?"

She? he thought.

My heart dropped at his expression instantly, but he decided to play along.

"S-she's funny...has the greatest smile in the world...and the most beautiful set of dreads," Uvin began to smile, "We'd play chess endlessly, and wrestle around as if the world doesn't have time. I've liked her since early years, but I can't be with her because we are too different."

"Why not just tell her?" Iven asked, "Maybe she feels the same way."

"I can't," he whispered, "It's forbidden."

Enrian watched Uvin keep his head down.

He had no idea who he was talking about, but he had a feeling the person wasn't the girl he described...or even a girl at all.

• • •

"Will you choose or run niece?"

I looked up at my uncle, "Run."

They all nodded and I continued, "You all are to not dress to impress. Dress ready to fight. Enrian and I will have to suffer wearing something formal, of course, but I can put on something underneath."