Chapter 8: 'Souls'

"Is it just me, or has Freddy been, a bit off ever since he came back?" Montgomery tapped his chin in wonder. 

"Yeah, he's been avoiding Y/n lately, yet he uses every opportunity he can to get at least one look at her." Chica sighed. 

"The guy's a mess." Roxanne shook her head. 

"I wonder why he's been acting like this?" Chica pouted. 

"That is exactly what what his BEST FRIEND is going to find out!" Monty announced, bolting away to find the bear. 

~

Eventually, the gator found his friend peeking around a corner. 

Montgomery as quietly as possible snuck up behind the animatronic bear. It was fairly easy because his entire being was focused on you organizing some parts, listening to a CD player with headphones in. 

The confusion on the gator's face soon turned to amusement once he saw the lovestruck look on Freddy. He could have sworn he saw hearts floating above his head. 

"Oi, Freddy." Monty whispered, lightly tapping the bear on his shoulder. Not expecting anyone, Freddy practically jumped ten feet in the air out of surprise. 

"Monty!" He snapped harshley, trying to be as quiet as possible. "What do you think your doing?!" 

"Just trying to see what's got you so distracted." 

"It's nothing alright! Just, leave me be!" 

"Ah! Someone has lady troubles!" The gator wrapped an arm around his friend. "Don't worry! Your best pal Montgomery is here to help!" 

"What do you know about lady troubles?" The bears rolled his eyes. 

"I have had PLENTY of lovers in my day!" Monty winked. 

"You mean that one girl five years that gave you a rose and then you kept following her to the point where the head mechanic had to put you under for a week just to see of anything was wrong with you?" 

"I'll never love again..." Monty wiped away a fake tear. 

"Really? Cause last time I checked you took a picture of one of the ceo's cards just to send a giant bouquet of flowers to a divorced mom that you thought, and I quote, 'was pretty hot'." 

"...I'm not apologising for that- ANYWAYS, what I am saying is that I'm your bro! And bros are supposed to help bros! So what's shaking yah?" 

"Nothing it's just-" The animatronic bear let out a rough sigh and fell back against the wall. "I let it slip..." 

"Let what slip?" 

Freddy gave his friend a knowing look, to which he responded with a shocked look of his own. 

"Oh. Oh man..." After a small pause the gator gave Freddy a hard slap on the nose, causing a squeak sound to emit from it. "You idiot! How could you let something like that slip?!" 

"I don't know okay! The question didn't seem to have any consequences until I answered it! She put two and two together and now she has an idea of what I am! What we all are!" 

"What kind of question, would make you think for it to be okay to answer?!" 

The look on Freddy's face did a full 180. His eyes grew wide as he thought about that night. His body language just exploited nervousness. 

"Ummmmm, acting?" He squeezed out, waiting for a response. 

Monty pulled down his shades and looked up that his friend with a suspicious and amused expression.