Chapter 31: 'Awakened'

(A/n: "Ohhoh yesSIR, we back! Get into it!")

Last time, on 'Year:198?'...

*

"How unfortunate Gregory. You missed your chance, but there is still hope. You should be able to escape when the security doors reopen at 6:00am. Until then, keep moving and try not to draw attention to yourself, there is another way out. I will help you find it. I promise..." Freddy swore fondly through the watch, but there was hint of sadness in his voice.

Gregory wanted to curl up into a ball and start crying. But Arnold wasn't going to let the little guy lose hope.

"Hey, don't worry Gregory. I know a place that's safe enough for you to rest for a while, you'll even see someone you may know!" Arnold smiled softly.

"Really? Where?" Gregory sniffed, wiping away a tear.

Arnold smirked and slowly led his hand upwards, pointing to an all too familiar spot.

Fizzy's Emporium.

"Let's go say hi, oh and make sure to call Freddy over once we're there, alright?" Arnold finger gunned as he lightly took Gregory's hand and began leading the child to safety.

What has this poor kid gotten himself into?

*

Now...

"Hey man, don't cry. Don't worry we'll get you out of here in no time once we have some time to sit down and recuperate..." Arnold tried to reassure the boy as they made their way over to Fizzy's.

But of course, nothing could stay calm forever.

"Hey, what's that?" The boy sniffed away another tear as he pointed to a corner, Arnold's face going completely pale realizing that a literal mist of darkness was lurking and headed right for them!

"GET BACK!" Arnold exclaimed, roughly pulling Gregory back from the dark mist by the arm.

"What is that thing?!" Gregory gasped, shaking in fear.

"Thing? Well, that's just rude...~" A voice spoke from the darkness.

Arnold knew that voice all too well.

"Mortis, why are you here?!" Arnold growled, shielding the boy protectively behind him.

Gregory could only watch in awe-filled terror as a pitch-black figure began to form as the mist swirled and melded into itself creating the shadow of the demon spirit that those who've met him know and love.

"Terribly sorry for the intrusion, but I'm here on behalf of Daniel.~" Mortis mused calmly, fixing his hat. "He sent me here to check on Ms. L/n's brother, that and to deliver a message.~"