Chapter 36: 'Flying The Cope'

(A/n: "I TOOK OVER A MONTH OFF AND CUT YOU READERS SUM SLACK-")

Long ago, there lived a handsome prince, who was loved by all. He was a peaceful and kind individual, whom spent his time training to be king, and tending to the needs of his people.

One day, he came across a beautiful maiden. Her skin as pale as the white snow, and her body as pleasantly pump as the finest pillows. She lived with her rich family across the kingdom and the two fell in love.

But one day, the kingdom fell into war with another, and the prince had so much to do, he failed to notice his poor love had been murdered. And so with a heavy heart he stumbled into the opposing kingdom's gates, and killed them all. Every. Last. One.

Now he lives out the rest of his days as a demon spirit, cursed to roam the Earth for all of eternity, until death by the divine.

A white gloved hand threw another piece of wood into the fireplace, the embers bursting to life once more as it fed upon the branch.

The hand then reached for a cup of tea on the table where the mysterious figure sat, the back of his chair facing away to whomever he was talking to. The figure's trademark top hat sitting proudly upon his head never moving an inch.

"Now tell me, do you know why I told you that story?" He spoke.

"No, I don't. Everyone already knows about it. It's your story after all, Mortis..." another voice answered.

"That's right, and you know that I am considered one of the most powerful beings to ever DIE, correct?" Mortis hummed, taking a sip of his tea.

"Yes, of course your highness, every demon knows that..."

"Tell me then, tell me HOW you know my power. Tell me some of the many names those that fear me refer to me as." Mortis demanded.

"The Prince of Purgatory, Heaven's Hellspawn, the Loather of Lust..."

"And...?~"

"Destroyer of balance."

"That's right, and one would think since you are so knowledgeable of who I am, I can only wonder just ONE thing ha!" Mortis spun his chair around, his shadow concealing his true appearance once more before anyone could see. "Where you got the balls to order a meeting with me, AFTON."

Mortis arose from his seat, walking slowly towards a disheveled looking entity. It was rotten, mummified, and a disgusting looking dark purple.

"I got the balls the moment YOU interfered with my PLAN jackass." Afton grumbled. "You always say that you never put yourself into other demon spirits' business unless asked to by Daniel Grayson. And last time I checked, he didn't ask you to give the damn bear back his memories!!!"

"Oh William is this what this little pity party is all about?~" Mortis gave a sarcastic pout. "And here you are claiming you know me!"

"The fuck does that mean?" William scoffed.

"You should know by now that I'm a romantic!" Mortis chuckled as he blew a kiss of pink smoke, making a heart out of it. "And we can't have any romance without the bear having his memories!~"

"So you mean to tell me, that you carved a hole in my world-conquering plan, JUST SO YOU COULD SEE SOME WOMAN MAKE KISSY FACES AT A POSSESSED ANIMATRONIC BEAR?!?" Afton screamed out, rubbing his temple in frustration as he turned away from the prince.