Chapter 5: 'Yep, Pretty Sure He's Not Supposed To Do That...'

"What? A new animatronic?" You rose a brow looking at the paper in front of you. 

Your boss had called you into a meeting to discuss something that seemed to be highly important. you were not expecting this! Sure the restaurant had many different abiotic helpers to make things easier but this was a MAJOR animatronic. Like this one would be on stage while the others would walk around! You held up the blueprint of the new animatronic. It was a unicorn. She had a giant fluffy mane styled in a feathery look with A LOT of volume. She was going to be a waitress with her own party room and everything! This was insane! 

"This is going to cost a lot of money, you know that right?" You rose a brow. 

"That is no problem! Thanks to you, the plex got a gift of 20 million dollars!" 

"Say what now...?"

The boss got up from his chair and skipped over to a pretty big tv and picked up a remote. 

"Or cameras caught this a few days ago backstage..." He turned the tv on and your eyes widened at the footage. It was when Chica collapsed before her performance that evening! "One of the inspectors that day were in the camera room and saw what had happened, so he grabbed a tablet that was connected to that camera and ran to tell the president immediately."

"That snitch!" You slammed your hand on the table. 

"That's not all, after showing the big boss man the footage, he seemed to remember you from earlier, he wanted to see how you would handle the situation. So he kept the tablet with him with the camera still rolling." Your boss fast forward the tape. "He saw you put on the imitator and sing in place for chica. He was truly impressed."

"What was so impressive about that? Isn't that what the imitator is used for?" You leaned backwards in your chair. 

"No, it isn't." 

"What?"

He turned to you with a big smile. "That device was made to control the animatronics sure, but not in the way you used it for..." 

"Then, what is it for...?" Your eyes became skeptical. 

"It was made as a security mechanism, just in case something goes wrong with the animatronics, like if one malfunctions or does something that's not in it's program." 

"Pardon me for asking, but why would you have to make something like that? Couldn't you have just fixed the problem after it happened?" 

"We made it because we got lucky..."

"Got lucky?" 

"Are you familiar with our 'Moon Drop' Animatronic?" 

"Uh yeah, jester guy that jumps around everywhere right? I see him give out balloons sometimes." 

"Well one day a few years ago he was performing on the big stage for the first time while the main stars were walking around, he got out of hand..."

"How?" 

"Jumping off the stage and flipping around everywhere is how! He kept laughing and and hopping and flipping all over the tables and hanging on the ceiling! It was a disaster! Whenever one of the staff tried to grab him, he kicked them away! It was almost like it was on purpose!" 

This caught your attention. He kicked them on purpose? 

"Um, can I make a quick phone call? I'll be right back!" 

"Sure, I'll finish telling what happened when you return..." 

You tried to not make it so obvious that you were in a hurry, but you almost tripped on the way out. Quickly closing the door once you were out you pulled out your phone and began searching your contacts.