Chapter 37: 'You Are Broken...'

...

(A/n: "It kinda gorey." :3 )

LAST TIME, ONE YEAR: 198?:

"Alright Joie now that you're back I think it's time for a little recap." Daniel announced. "Make it quick cause we've got a lot going on here at plex, hence the post apocalyptic shelter vibe we've got at Fizzy's.

"Okay, um, my ex attempted to kill me. He chopped off my arm tried to set me on fire. He heard someone coming so he bailed. But that match he tried to use actually caught fire to the gasoline he spilled on the ground, ironically saving me by cauterizing my fatal wound, stopping me from dying of blood loss. The family of an old employee here saved me and took me back to their farm and nursed me back to health. As I got my strength back and then some, I used my spare time to build a new arm since that's all I'm apparently good for. And You found me one day and that's all she wrote..."

Daniel took out a clipboard and pen, writing something down.

"Yup, that seems to line up with what I know so far, now we just need to-"

"Hey y'all I think I've gotten used to these new legs Y/n made for me-"

Silence.

Joie and Daniel slowly turned their heads to face none other than Montgomery gator, who stood leaning in the doorway to backstage, his eyes basically bulging out of their sockets as he stared directly at Joie.

"Uhhhhh, hiiiii, baaabe????"

'NOW"

~

Monty stood there unmoving from his spot, sparks of electricity shooting out from his head as he stared at Joie. 

"Uh, Monty?" 

He couldn't say anymore before the gator was on the floor, completely unconscious, leaving Joie with a look on terror on his face. 

"Oh wow! I think that went well!" Daniel hummed as he placed a hand on the Frenchman's shoulder, looking down at Montgomery Gator. "Welp! Have fun taking him back to his room!" Daniel gave Joie's shoulder a quick smack before starting to walk off, the freckled face man shaking his head out of it at the Grayson's statement. 

"Wha-?! Hey! You're not going to help me?!" Joie gaped. 

"OOOOOH YEAH, SORRY PAL." Daniel cringed as he started to walk backwards to his office. "See I've got this thing I got to do and yeahhhh! Bye!~" He waved as he stepped around a corner, leaving Joie to groan in annoyance at being left alone with this task. 

~

"I do hope that my spare robe suffices for you Ms. Dubois?" Mr. Grayson chuckled kindly, staring at how adorable his houseguest looked draped in his large clothes. 

"Oh yes indeed! This fabric is just lovely! It's like a blanket!" She mused as she watch the larger man walk over to a record player, placing the needle carefully over the disk, a familiar melody beginning to play. 

"Ahhh, I remember that song vividly." Celia closed her eyes as she swayed slightly in her seat.

"Oh right, you said that you and Trisha Williams were friends?" Mr. Grayson took a seat next to her with a calm sigh. "How on earth did that ever happen?"

Ms. Dubois' face fell a sad noise escaping her once he asked that question.

"I wish that we had met under better circumstances..." Celia began, thinking back to that moment. "What I'm about to say was never released to the public, but if you can keep a secret as big as an entire magical bloodline, then I'm more than sure you can handle this one..."