Chapter 21: 'A Day Out'

"DANIEL!!!" You screeched, kicking down the door to his office, barging in. 

He just looked up from his computer with a completely unbothered look on his face as you stomped over towards him. 

"The Hell did I do?" he deadpanned, raising a brow at you and going back to his work. 

"YOUR GOONS DESTROYED ONE OF THE ARCADE MACHINES!" You exclaimed, slamming both hands on his desk.  

He sighed and leaned back in his chair while taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Which one?" He grumbled, getting out a pen and clipboard. 

"Princess Quest!" You folded your arms, scowling at him even more when a small smirk appeared on his face. 

"So they can follow directions." He mused, getting up from his desk. 

"Wait, you TOLD them to?! WHY?!" You were literally about to attack this guy right now! 

"There was an evil spirit I detected inside that thing, so it had to go."  He answered like it was nothing, opening up a folder and going through a file. 

"That doesn't explain the many OTHER objects you've had destroyed!" 

"You have a LOT of evil spirits in here..." He lightly patted your shoulder, before placing the folder he had in a filing cabinet. 

That was when you took notice of a picture on his desk that was framed. Taking a quick peek, you saw that the picture was of Daniel and a young woman. They both looked pretty beat up but had the biggest smile on their faces. It almost looked like they were crying! They were holding objects that were very, interesting to say the least. Looking closer you could see that the woman was holding a creepy-looking doll and an iron cross, while Daniel was holding a vile of Holy Water and a Bible. There was a team of R.I.P members in the background wearing military-style gear cheering for them. 

"Who is this?" You asked, Daniel turned around to see what you were talking about. 

"Oh, that's my partner, she's out in Japan solving a number of cases revolving around evil spirits taking people from their homes." He gave a soft smile as he picked up the picture and lightly trailed his fingers over the glass. "It's something really, she has the same name as you~" 

Letting a small smile form on your lips at that, a thought came to your head. 

"Wait, she's in Japan? I thought you said that your group was small!" 

"Yeah no, that was a lie. We're all over the globe!" He snickered like a kid that just told on their sibling. "And I'm not only the leader, but I'm also the FOUNDER!" 

"Are you serious?!" You gasped. Geez, you find out something new about this guy every time you talk to him!

"Of course! And once both my partner and I solve our cases, I'll be out of here, and finally, be able to get back out in the field!" Daniel gave a dreamy sigh as if he's been waiting for this moment ever since he was a kid. 

"Well, she better hurry up and come pick up her man." You deadpanned, turning to leave. 

"HER MAN?!" He spat out, clearly flustered. "I AM NOT!" 

"Shut up." You deadpanned, grabbing a handful of his hair and giving it a nice tug. He let out a yelp and fell over from the sudden force. 

You watched him as he tried to perch himself upon his shoulders, his breath all of a sudden becoming shakey. 

"You, WENCH!" He screamed, looking up at you with a light pink blush on his cheeks. "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM MY HAIR!" 

"Well, that's your fault for letting your mortal enemy see a weakness!"